Random thoughts about the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thoughts about the game

- The Eagles TE SUCK at blocking. I counted at least 4 plays on the opening drive, including the first 2 point conversion attempt, in which their miscues were critical. WTF!

- Warmack is a roadgrader and pancaked a DT on one play. He needs to recognize stunts and delayed blitzes to gain consistency. Ditto for Seumalo.

- GB's play calling on defense was in mid season form. They brought at least two corner blitzes in the first series. On every play, they overwhelmed the box with a LB or two and/ or a safety. The tape should be a good teaching tool for the OL thanks to Green Bay.

- I couldn't help but watch Hollins shuck oysters over and over. Just give him the damn ball. I still like Treggs as well.

- Giving Howie a 3rd rounder is like pairing a Rutgers man with a nice set of tits (c). I'm all for the trade. Darby and Mills are very similar with their aggressive play. Douglas will get a lot of playing time in the red zone against big defenders. With Brooks and Sidney Jones... there is reason to be optimistic.

- TE's screwed up a few running plays for Blount. They need to correct that. Ertz is useless blocking and there is no point keeping Celek around if he can't block.
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 08-12-2017, 10:02 AM.

I didn't see much of the game (a bit of the replay on NFL Net) ... but there is an unwritten rule about not blitzing in the preseason, so it's possible that the shit OL play was because they didn't game plan it.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I also thought that was an unwritten rule as well. I was very surprised to see it. The TD play was a GB stunt with Clay Matthews looping from the edge to the opposite guard spot. That's season stuff.

I'm impressed the Eagles were able score on that drive.
      Last edited by Drama Queen; 08-12-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X