Eagles fans still talk about McNabb throwing up during SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles fans still talk about McNabb throwing up during SB

Do you treat it as urban legend or fact?

It was brought up in a discussion as fact. I wanted to enjoy my fries so I didn’t oppose.

Absolute fact. McNabb represents us perfectly, with him choking at crunch time

Comment

I’m not eating fries. And it wasn’t about the fries. Maybe I just don’t feel like defending McNabb. He hasn’t been a likable Eagles player for a while.

Comment

all that really matters is McNabb and the team failed to win it. The 57 year wait continues
        Last edited by txeaglefan; 12-06-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txeaglefan View Post
          all that really matters is McNabb and the team failed to win it. The 57 year wait continues
          All that matters is that Dawkins and the team failed to win it.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Here is what I say. This is a true story.

During that Super Bowl week, I was fortunate to win the lottery to win the option to buy tickets. Nosebleeds. Of course I exercised the option so I had to take my now ex wife

There was nothing hotey wise available in Jacksonville. Nothing. Not a lot of hoteys in Jax.

Also if you recall that year there was only one week between the NFC Championship game and the SB.

So I started looking around and determine our best bet is to stay in Savannah, GA. There is even a guy there who is offering rides to the SB.

So I go for it.... the hotey was great. and the driver was good. We only had one other passenger on the ride back and forth from Savannah to the SB. He had much better seats than we did.

Anyway, we start riding back to Savannah and this other passenger asks me: "What were you thinking when McNabb puked at the end of the game?"

This was immediately after the end of the game-- the McNabb puking is not a legend made up.

I believe.what Runyan and Fraley said was true. McNabb puked at the end of the SB.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

During that Super Bowl week, I was fortunate to win the lottery to win the option to buy tickets. Nosebleeds. Of course I exercised the option so I had to take my now ex wife

There was nothing hotey wise available in Jacksonville. Nothing. Not a lot of hoteys in Jax.

Also if you recall that year there was only one week between the NFC Championship game and the SB.

So I started looking around and determine our best bet is to stay in Savannah, GA. There is even a guy there who is offering rides to the SB.

So I go for it.... the hotey was great. and the driver was good. We only had one other passenger on the ride back and forth from Savannah to the SB. He had much better seats than we did.

Anyway, we start riding back to Savannah and this other passenger asks me: "What were you thinking when McNabb puked at the end of the game?"

This was immediately after the end of the game-- the McNabb puking is not a legend made up.

I believe.what Runyan and Fraley said was true. McNabb puked at the end of the SB.
              If this is indeed a true story, and I have no idea why someone would tell lies on the internet of all places, this closes the case for me.

No sarcasm intended.
              Last edited by broadstreetparade; 12-06-2017, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I’m not aware of any taped evidence and it’s not like cameras and TVs weren’t there.

Maybe it was a throw up in the mouth kind of think in the huddle. But it sounds like the passenger witnessed the puke.

At one point, McNabb could barely speak in the huddle and Mitchell had to bark out the play.

Comment

Said it before ... say it again ... if he puked it is not something to criticize him over.

He didn't puke in the 4th fucking quarter because he had some character defect ... in fact, he manned the fuck up and played through it.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    I’m not aware of any taped evidence and it’s not like cameras and TVs weren’t there.

Maybe it was a throw up in the mouth kind of think in the huddle. But it sounds like the passenger witnessed the puke.

At one point, McNabb could barely speak in the huddle and Mitchell had to bark out the play.
                    Thing is some say McNabb was never the same after he broke his ankle against the Cardinals a couple years prior.

I say he was never the same after he puked in the Super Bowl.
                    --------

Comment

Thing is some say McNabb was never the same after he broke his ankle against the Cardinals a couple years prior.

I say he was never the same after he puked in the Super Bowl.
                      He was never the same after he tore his ACL against the Titans and Jeff Garcia went on that run.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                        He was never the same after he tore his ACL against the Titans and Jeff Garcia went on that run.
                        Good point.

Injuries can completely destroy a good or promising player. Let's hope Wentz can stay healthy.
                        --------

Comment

I am pretty sure he puked however I will defend the guy till the bitter end because he was not given the weapons, nowhere close, that Wentz has.

With that said I think the pressure of winning Philadelphia their first Super Bowl and being a black quarterback and playing the patriots got the best of him. Did he nut up and still have a good game, he did. But he didn’t finish it.

Comment

I TEND TO REMEMBER 5 GETTING CRACKED IN THE HELMET ON BOTH THE PLAYS PRYOR TO THAT, THINK IT WAS BRUSCHI, HELMET TO HELMET TWICE.

I'LL ALWAYS GIVE MCNABB THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT ON THE BARF.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In the end all that matters is the wait continues

Comment

Working...
                              X