Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What?

You don't like Rational Slag?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Or am I Rationalizing Slag?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

agreed.

this series was terrible, but the sixers also had no shot at winning a title this year. so as far as bad playoff losses go, it's nowhere close to the likes of the 2011 NLDS or the 2002 NFCCG. and it definitely wasn't as devastating as the super bowl was awesome...just no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
          Obviously the life/death thing is hyperbolic. Just using it to make a point that an Eagles SB victory does nothing to console the pain of losing this series.
          FOR ME, PERSONALLY. I'M AN OUTSKIRTS SIXERS FAN. BANDWAGONER, YEA OK. I'LL WATCH WHEN THEY'RE FUN TO WATCH, LIKE NOW AND NEXT YEAR.

I FEEL BAD FOR FANS THAT HAVE HEARTACHE OVER IT. SURELY DO.

WENT TO AROUND TWENTY SIXERS GAMES IN THE 66-67 YEARS, WITH MY UNCLE, WAY TO YOUNG TO APPRECIATE WHAT I WAS WATCHING, BUT THE MEMORY IS THERE JUST THE SAME. LOVED A.I. YEARS ALSO. BUT NO HEARTACHE WHEN THEY LOST.

BUT FOR ME THAT IGGLES SUPER BOWL IS THE PINNACLE OF MY SPORTS WORLD, FAR AND ABOVE ANY OTHER SPORT. WHEN I SAY I CAN DIE A HAPPY MAN, I MEAN IT.
          50 YEARS OF HEARTACHE GONE, AND FOR AS LONG AS I'M OF THIS EARTH IT WILL MAKE ME SMILE. NO OTHER LOSSES OF ANY OTHER SPORTS TEAM CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.

DAMN FEB 4th 2018 WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I don't find a connection to the Super Bowl either ... but I guess I'm not as upset at them laying an egg this early in their careers.

I really didn't think it was realistic to expect them not to shit the bed and they looked off all series.

Personally, it's not an excuse, but I think the worse thing they did was beat the Heat 4-0 and then sit around waiting for the Celtics ... who came in hot while the Sixers had cooled off.

They're clearly not mature enough to flip a switch.
            SIXERS WERE NOT READY FOR THE BIG STAGE YET. SAID IT GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS, SAID IT AGAIN TO OTHER IGGLEPHANS I HANG WITH.

THEY NEED A CLOSER. SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SLAM THAT DOOR CLOSED FOR THE WIN. NEED THEIR PETE ROSE. WHEN THEY GET THAT, YOU ALL WILL GO TO ANOTHER PARADE.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 05-10-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              You think it was unrealistic to believe they could beat the Celtics without their two best players?? I hear what you are saying, but this was a winnable series. They didn't lose 3-1 because they were playing a far superior team. They wilted and didn't play to their own level.
              The celtics are a better team. They play better defense, have more experience and they are more athletic. They are also a deeper team.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                The celtics are a better team. They play better defense, have more experience and they are more athletic. They are also a deeper team.
                Those guys had very little experience. I’ll give you the fact that they were the better team...

Comment

More than a few of their players have playoff experience. Smart, Horford, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, and Brown all have playoff experience. Plus, their wings are more athletic than the sixers wings.

The sixers top end with Embiid and Ben is high. Saric is solid. But they aren't very athletic. Reddick, Bellinelli, Ilyasova just couldn't compete with the athletes on Boston.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Agree to disagree. I don't think the Cetlics without Kyrie are a better team. They sure were the better team in the series but the Sixers played some of their worst ball all year. Couldn't shoot, sloppy, lazy defense and bad coaching.

They blew a 20 point lead in game 2! There is no reason we shouldn't be gearing up for a crazy home game on Friday. So disappointing.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I don't know that guy
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        Agree to disagree. I don't think the Cetlics without Kyrie are a better team. They sure were the better team in the series but the Sixers played some of their worst ball all year. Couldn't shoot, sloppy, lazy defense and bad coaching.

They blew a 20 point lead in game 2! There is no reason we shouldn't be gearing up for a crazy home game on Friday. So disappointing.
                        part of that is coaching and part of that is maybe not being good enough. The celtics also had a part in them playing some of their worst ball this season.

The missed open threes are part of not being good enough. Bad turnovers and careless play is part of not being good enough. They don't have the athletic wings to compete with the celtics and will fall behind next year unless they are able to get another player. I don't know if that is Lebron. Maybe it's trading for Leonard. He would make them a very dangerous team.

Comment

Being favored might have been a strike against them

They'd been hot for a long time. Peaked a little too early maybe. A down stretch was probably inevitable.

Comment

There would be like 90% less angst if Tatum wasn't a stud and Fultz wasn't a paperweight.
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                              There would be like 90% less angst if Tatum wasn't a stud and Fultz wasn't a paperweight.
                              They also gave the biggest rival a lottery pick next year. Now the Celtics can use that pick to help land another player if they want. The Sixers don't have that option.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                                I DON'T THINK FULTZ CAN BE TRULY JUDGED UNTIL HE GETS A YEAR IN TO SEE IF HIS TALENT, THEY THOUGHT HE HAD, CAN TRANSLATE TO THE BIGS.

Comment

Working...
                                X