The Eagles Should Just Forfeit The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles Should Just Forfeit The Game

Why show up and risk injury for next season? Everyone thinks they have no chance, national and local. Carson Wentz is Tom Brady and Joe Montana all wrapped up into one. That game he had in Seattle had me convinced without him they can't win shit. I agree with the pundits they were a shoo in to win the Super Bowl with Wentz just like Green Bay with Rodgers the last 5 years. Make other plans Saturday at 4:30 and don't even waste your time. Sell your tickets to a Falcons fan.

too Sarcastic for peak Anthony...

B-

Comment

Let me get this straight.

Your obvious sarcastic jab is based on the logic that fans and media should have more faith in the Eagles (and the Packers) because the impact of superstar quarterbacks is overblown?
      Last edited by slag; 01-10-2018, 10:26 AM. Reason: grammar error
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I think it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to say the Eagles would have not just gone to but 100% win the Super Bowl with Wentz at QB. Are they better with Wentz over Foles? Absolutely. Do they win? I doubt it especially against New England. My argument with Rodgers is you need the rest of your team to be good as well. It's not all the QB. Its Defense too. Rodgers is a beast and Wentz hasn't even gotten to his level yet and he hasn't won in 7 seasons now.

Comment

And when you sell your tickets you can come back here and gloat about it, right?

Comment

logical post. but this season was the strongest feeling i had ever had about an eagles squad winning the SB.

in 04 the eagles were a shoo-in to make the SB, even without TO, but i never realistically thought they could beat NE. this year was a bit different. the NFC was strong, but i thought that if they won two home games (which they're good at doing), then they would beat the pats or steelers. weak year for the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              And when you sell your tickets you can come back here and gloat about it, right?
              Impolite.

Comment

Look at Ron Jaworski in 1980 Playoffs:

44/105 for 41.9% Completion percentage. 2 TD's 7 INT's. 13 yards per completion.

They still got to the Super Bowl as a favorite with this horrendous quarterbacking from an MVP candidate. I remember he sucked those 2 home games. Wilbert carried them and the D.

Comment

That's when my dad got Alzheimers.

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Comment

I disagree. 04 felt magical. This feels like lighting in a bottle (with Wentz). Hell, most folks didn't even predict PLAYOFFS!!?? (Mora) let alone a SB. 04 felt like we'd FINALLY get ALL THE WAY over the hump, including the SB. Even with Wentz, I never felt SB was a sure thing.
                    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

with 2016 Wentz

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                      I disagree. 04 felt magical. This feels like lighting in a bottle (with Wentz). Hell, most folks didn't even predict PLAYOFFS!!?? (Mora) let alone a SB. 04 felt like we'd FINALLY get ALL THE WAY over the hump, including the SB. Even with Wentz, I never felt SB was a sure thing.
                      We had the question of whether he could take a leap in 2017. He did. Halfway through the season, when Wentz looked legit (and hopefully continues to) and the rest of the NFC was okay and the AFC was Pitt, NE and hot garbage, this Eagles team looked the most promising of any team we've ever seen.

Comment

There's a reason Wentz was the MVP this year. Once he went down, the season was over. The defense is not the level you need to carry a Nick Foles. Sure, you can take the 'Any Given Sunday' approach and maybe pull an upset in one game but let's not go crazy here. If you don't think the MVP could have beaten the Patriots this year, you haven't been paying attention. All Wentz needs is a good defense not a great one. Foles needs a great defense. To discount what the MVP brings to this team is strange. I don't get it.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying I cared for an Alzheimer's patient daily for three years until he died. Fed, clothed, bathed, walked him, took him to doctors and hospitals, all of it. i understand the disease as well as anyone here. It sucks and it is a lousy break for your father. You have a tough road and you have my sympathy, empathy and best wishes.

That being said, your father got Alzheimer's fifteen years ago?

Comment

I sold my tickets. I'm not going to waste my money on this. I coukd be hunting and doing other stuff. So screw it. Why bother making the trip.

Comment

Excellent! Come over the my house on Saturday.

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                              I sold my tickets. I'm not going to waste my money on this. I coukd be hunting and doing other stuff. So screw it. Why bother making the trip.
                              I just got a new pottery wheel!
                              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X