No announcement yet.

Eagles traded for Jay Ajayi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully it's another case of Howie fleecing the Dolphins. Ajayi + Blount is solid on paper.

Looks like he has one year left on his rookie deal after this season...

Comment

He's not that good catching the ball from what I've read.
      Last edited by slag; 10-31-2017, 09:49 AM. Reason: typo
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Love it! Reeled in a big fish on half a nightcraller

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          Interesting move. This could be more of a forward thinking move, considering that Blount is a short term fix, and Smallwood is still a toss-up. This also keeps Jerruh from shoring up once Zeke sits.

Apparently there is also a 2nd in 2019 involved. Still good value if this is indeed a long term consideration.

EDIT: (That last part might just be a joke from my son. I haven't seen all of the details yet.)

I think SB hit the nail on the head ,,,, Howie may have just beat Jerry to the punch???

Comment

Good point.

Comment

So Ajayi has 1 year left (2018) on his rookie contract. I think he also has that 5th year option, but I'm not expert. So he's cheap for the next 2.5 years potentially.

He is a bellcow type runner, but has a right knee issue that has limited him since college (I believe the phrase bone-on-bone was used). He'll probably never truly be a 300-350 carry guy, but in this offense, that makes more sense.

He's an above-average blocker.

Comment

His numbers seem neutral. Looks like he is good for a catch or two per week.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

i thought they needed an RB. every year you see an average back thrive in the right situation. this team really struck out by not adding that guy in rounds 2-4 of the draft. blount is their best back but he's one-dimensional and his numbers will probably drop with peters out. i had hoped smallwood would produce but he's below-average.

imo pumphrey was a panic move as better backs kept coming off the board before the eagles picked. ajayi isn't much older than most rookies, so i like the move.

Comment

Working...
                  X