ACL question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACL question

What is the criteria for playing through a torn acl? Larry Fitz said Drew Stanton played last 2 weeks on a torn acl and I’ve heard of players doing so in the past (Rivers, Elway).

I wonder if it’s most likely agents making a business decision. Wentz with a knee brace is still better than Foles, but I can’t begrudge him for protecting his career which is still very bright.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Originally posted by royal View Post
    What is the criteria for playing through a torn acl? Larry Fitz said Drew Stanton played last 2 weeks on a torn acl and I’ve heard of players doing so in the past (Rivers, Elway).

I wonder if it’s most likely agents making a business decision. Wentz with a knee brace is still better than Foles, but I can’t begrudge him for protecting his career which is still very bright.
    lol... you saw what happened to RG3 right?

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post

DEPENDS HOW BAD THE INJURY IS. 11's LEG WAS BENDING THE WRONG WAY.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

there are degree's of a tear,,take Tannihill

he had a partial and didn't opt for surgery and 1 month into camp Bang! Gone...

I had a grade 3 tear of my MCL which is bad,,,did not require surgery but I couldn't run on it for almost 6 months...So some players can play with a grade 1 tear with a brace on after a little rest,,,,With Carson its best; Only the guy who went in and did the work knows how bad it was. if it was close to completely torn, repair it and get him all the way back,,,,this was in his best interest...
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Stanton just debunked the story. Bone bruise.
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

No. Wentz is the franchise. Too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
              Stanton just debunked the story. Bone bruise.
              That would make more sense
              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                he had a partial and didn't opt for surgery and 1 month into camp Bang! Gone...

I had a grade 3 tear of my MCL which is bad,,,did not require surgery but I couldn't run on it for almost 6 months...So some players can play with a grade 1 tear with a brace on after a little rest,,,,With Carson its best; Only the guy who went in and did the work knows how bad it was. if it was close to completely torn, repair it and get him all the way back,,,,this was in his best interest...
                As I understand it, an MCL tear, even a bad tear can usually heal on its own without surgery. An ACL tear typically requires reconstruction to replace the function of the ligament. It's possible for an average person to live and function without an ACL... many people who injure their ACL opt not to get surgery. But for an elite athlete it would require a lot of strength from the muscles across the knee to stabilize the joint.

Sharp turns in direction would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Maybe you could just drop straight back and pass but there would be little to no mobility. And isn't that one of the b*tches people have about Foles? Also, as you and others have noted the risk of truly catastrophic damage would be extremely high.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                X