McNabb gets #metoo'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
    I just read about some of her other complaints against the other players, and they seem really bad. Seems like a top-down problem. But if McNabb's involvement in this is just a bunch of naughty texts--not sure he should be fired over it.
    um seriously? it's still sexual harassment they aren't naughty texts they are sexually explicit in nature and if the other party is not consenting then this is the exact definition of sexual harassment What i want to know is how does 4 or 5 dudes get involved with 1 woman an no one sees this coming? No one sees that she is not reciprocating and taking to their advancements? No one is aware she isn't returning sexually explicit texts or pictures? How dumb can you be that's a clear sign she isn't interested or doesn't want what you are selling? It would be interesting to see a cell phone trail to see if they were possibly baited into this in anyway..buh

Comment

I'm struggling with the notion of one person being subjected to this consistently unwanted behavior from 4 or 5 different guys (simultaneously??) and doing nothing about it. I don't say that to question her veracity - I 100% believe her that she received all of these messages- there's just something odd. That's an awful lot to just "put up with" for a long period of time.

As for McNabb, I'd heard similar second hand stories about him years ago. This didn't really surprise me, unfortunately.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's irrelevant. The long knives are out. It's Bastille Day. All family business is being settled.

Comment

WE ALL KNOW FEMALES THAT JOKE IN THAT VEIN BACK AND FORTH. SOME USE IT AGAINST YA AT SOME POINT, SOMETHING THAT STARTED OUT AS PLAYIN AROUND.

I CALL BULLSHIT.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I'm struggling with the notion of one person being subjected to this consistently unwanted behavior from 4 or 5 different guys (simultaneously??) and doing nothing about it. I don't say that to question her veracity - I 100% believe her that she received all of these messages- there's just something odd. That's an awful lot to just "put up with" for a long period of time.

As for McNabb, I'd heard similar second hand stories about him years ago. This didn't really surprise me, unfortunately.
            I think it's become pretty apparent that it can be difficult for a woman to find a job where she's not going to be harassed.

Plenty of people (of all genders) put up with some form of abuse (sexual or otherwise) because they don't want to lose their job The "why didn't she leave" argument blames the victim for being a victim.
            Last edited by TerpEagle; 12-12-2017, 05:49 PM.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

It's difficult

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Victims go through a lot of different emotions. In no particular order, they try to ignore it. They try to treat it as just "locker room talk" and try to be tough in the face of it. They feel shamed by it. They feel like they deserve it, or that the way they dress or act has legitimized it. And they bottle it up for long periods sometimes due to all these internally conflicting feelings. It can ruin a woman's life.
              DB

Comment

wait a minute

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Victims go through a lot of different emotions. In no particular order, they try to ignore it. They try to treat it as just "locker room talk" and try to be tough in the face of it. They feel shamed by it. They feel like they deserve it, or that the way they dress or act has legitimized it. And they bottle it up for long periods sometimes due to all these internally conflicting feelings. It can ruin a woman's life.

Hell we have a President who has admitted to sexual abuse.

I guess it doen't matter. Apparently it is ok forUS male politicians. Lets not go into the guy with a lifetime appointment on the
                Supreme Court.
                Those last two paragraphs were not mine. How did they end up in my post?
                DB

Comment

I made a mistake. I hit "edit" instead of "new post". Let me clean things up.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Hell we have a President who has admitted to sexual abuse. We had another one who did not admit io it either, but nothing happened to him either.

I guess it doesn't matter. Apparently it is OK for US male politicians to sexually abuse women. Lets not go into the guy with a lifetime appointment on the
                    Supreme Court.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                      Those last two paragraphs were not mine. How did they end up in my post?
                      Did I make it right?
                      --------

Comment

no worries

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        I made a mistake. I hit "edit" instead of "new post". Let me clean things up.
                        Thought it might've been the Russians. I changed my password to something long and ridiculous. Might be a while until I post again because I won't remember the gd thing.
                        DB

Comment

all good

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                          Did I make it right?
                          I'm going to go try to get my mind out of the gutter. The "BDN" isn't helping, but I'll try nonetheless.
                          DB

Comment

I don’t know what to make of all this, but this article hashed detail...WOOOOW.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/12/jami...nberger-faulk/

Comment

I wonder...

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                              I don’t know what to make of all this, but this article hashed detail...WOOOOW.

http://heavy.com/sports/2017/12/jami...nberger-faulk/
                              ...whether each of these guys knew the other guys were hitting on her this way or whether they thought it was their own special misogynist thing they had going. And if the latter, whether there's gonna be some guys jealous of each other.
                              DB

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                                I think it's become pretty apparent that it can be difficult for a woman to find a job where she's not going to be harassed.

Plenty of people (of all genders) put up with some form of abuse (sexual or otherwise) because they don't want to lose their job The "why didn't she leave" argument blames the victim for being a victim.
                                She didn't have to leave. Report it to HR.

Comment

Working...
                                X