Ok, the initial shock has worn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd View Post
    Technically...shady pulled in more than a 2nd round pick.

If Alonso is healthy...which is a big if as he has had two reconstructed knees...but if healthy...he had one really freaking good year as a rookie and most likely is going to be a future probowler for years to come. So unlike a second round pick that has never played in the nfl...they at least got a guy that can play.

BUT...if they had gotten a pick or whatever...they could have used that to move up if they do indeed want marcus.

So...I would say that's actually worth more than a second round pick.

Running back is fairly easy to replace...but let's be honest...they could end up with a total shit show like Trent Richardson as much as they could end up with another 1000 yard back.

Honestly Nerd, I think that's just it, you may not see another 1000 yard back here as long as CK is in charge.

You will however see the ball spread around between a couple of 600 yard blocking backs and a mobile qb.

Just the direction I think they are heading.
    Last edited by Eagle Road; 03-05-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
      Honestly Nerd, I think that's just it, you may not see another 1000 yard back here as long as CK is in charge.

You will however see the ball spread around between a couple of 600 yard blocking backs and a mobile qb.

Just the direction I think they are heading.
      I have no problem with it but hopefully the backs aren't shit. Polk could be pretty solid but can't stay healthy and it's nothing new...he couldn't stay healthy in college. Sproles can step in here and there. Tucker? I have no idea. There are guys in the draft that can play...who knows.

Maybe they are setting up to take Gordon from Wisconsin...who knows.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

if

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
        Everyone wants to operate on the "ifs". IF we sign Worilds, IF we sign McCourty, IF we sign Revis, IF Alonso regains his 2013 form. Kiko Alonso could turn out to be a steal. If he does, fantastic. However, at this point in time, I don't like this trade. Not straight up. I'm not sure why a couple people are acting like I'm not allowed to dislike this deal.
        the offensive line stays healthy, if shady stays healthy, if shady retrns to form, if the defense can be fixed with 10 million less...

Comment

Who made you the end all, be all of what he's worth ? Go back and do some reading. i said that I'd START at the second rounder, I didn't say that it was a second rounder or nothing. You say that I'm ignoring the financials, yet you continuously leave out the part about Alonso still currently rehabbing a torn ACL. Sorry, but I don't want them to trade a guy who's productive and never had a major injury, for a guy who's coming off of one. That's my major issue with the trade. Alonso already has a semi long injury history. Yes, he had a great rookie season, but the injury history can't and shouldn't be disregarded.
          You said you'd start with a second rounder and Alonso actually. I was being generous to suggest that you though McCoy was only worth a 2nd round pick and Alonso was just a throw in.

Unless you're trying to make the point that they should have asked for something pretty unreasonable from the start and worth their way down Madden-style.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Well at least you know that Shady is healthy now

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            the offensive line stays healthy, if shady stays healthy, if shady retrns to form, if the defense can be fixed with 10 million less...
            and he still had 1,300 yards behind that patchwork offensive line, so i don't think returns to form quite fits. Yes, he was scheduled to make a lot of money, but you shouldn't get into the habit of dumping every single player that makes a lot of money, especially if they're still producing for you. Chip's gonna do what he wants with the team, but I don't have to like it. If Alonso pans out, then great.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
              You said you'd start with a second rounder and Alonso actually. I was being generous to suggest that you though McCoy was only worth a 2nd round pick and Alonso was just a throw in.

Unless you're trying to make the point that they should have asked for something pretty unreasonable from the start and worth their way down Madden-style.
              start with a second and Alonso, and then go from there. There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's almost akin to buying a car. You give the dealership the price that you want to pay for the car, they give you theirs, and you try to meet in the middle. My asking price would have been Alonso and a pick. Not necessarily a second, could have been a lower round, but I wouldn't have done it without the pick, and my starting point would have been the second round.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

and he still had 1,300 yards behind that patchwork offensive line, so i don't think returns to form quite fits. Yes, he was scheduled to make a lot of money, but you shouldn't get into the habit of dumping every single player that makes a lot of money, especially if they're still producing for you. Chip's gonna do what he wants with the team, but I don't have to like it. If Alonso pans out, then great.
                http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/p...yan-is-insane/

This past season, Football Outsiders’ DVOA rated McCoy as below-average — the 24th-most efficient back in the NFL — and play-by-play grades from Pro Football Focus were even harsher. Among the 57 halfbacks qualified for PFF’s overall leaderboard, McCoy ranked 55th, the product of ranking 36th in rushing, 34th in blocking and dead last (by no small margin, either) in the passing game. To say it wasn’t Shady’s best season would be a major understatement.

Then there’s the matter of his age. McCoy will be 27 next season, which sounds relatively young to you and me (well, maybe to me at least), but the peak age for a RB is 26, after which it’s all downhill for the average ballcarrier. The average runner comparable to McCoy in terms of Approximate Value (AV) through age 26 ended up producing 40 more AV over the rest of his career. At McCoy’s career rate of AV per year, that’s about four more decent years at most before he would ostensibly hang up his cleats forever.

Comment

start with a second and Alonso, and then go from there. There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's almost akin to buying a car. You give the dealership the price that you want to pay for the car, they give you theirs, and you try to meet in the middle. My asking price would have been Alonso and a pick. Not necessarily a second, could have been a lower round, but I wouldn't have done it without the pick, and my starting point would have been the second round.
                  Rex Ryan already doesn't have a 1st round pick. He wanted to make an offensive splash and they've got another ILB that has played well for them. If you think Rex was going to trade away MORE picks when he already doesn't have a 1st rounder, you're nuts.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

PFF is garbage. We all know that he didn't play well last year...but he's not the 54th best running back in football.

This is the same site that ranks Brandon Graham as like a top 10 pass rusher.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

• Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      PFF is garbage. We all know that he didn't play well last year...but he's not the 54th best running back in football.

24th most efficient. Graham is going to get top ten money from a 4-3 team.

Comment

pro football focus and football outsiders are different sites.

Comment

• What's it hurt to ask ?

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                          Rex Ryan already doesn't have a 1st round pick. He wanted to make an offensive splash and they've got another ILB that has played well for them. If you think Rex was going to trade away MORE picks when he already doesn't have a 1st rounder, you're nuts.
                          That's all I'm saying. Again, if it were me, the deal doesn't get done without an extra pick. Coulda been a 5th, maybe even a 6th, but I'm going to START at a second. Once again, if it were ME, i need to have the pick or there's no deal. because Alonso is coming off of an ACL tear, I want a little something extra if I'm going to give you a player who has a proven track record of productivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                            That's all I'm saying. Again, if it were me, the deal doesn't get done without an extra pick. Coulda been a 5th, maybe even a 6th, but I'm going to START at a second. Once again, if it were ME, i need to have the pick or there's no deal. because Alonso is coming off of an ACL tear, I want a little something extra if I'm going to give you a player who has a proven track record of productivity.
                            Have you considered that McCoy's contract was so prohibitive that there wasn't much of a market for him? Many teams may have expected him to just be released and signed him for less money and no draft picks.

That's speculation of course, but it's a reasonable consideration.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Was he the 2nd most valuable RB in football going into 2015, let alone 2015-2017?

http://overthecap.com/position/running-back
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

• Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                                pro football focus and football outsiders are different sites.
                                you highlighted PFF on there as well as Football Outsiders.

Comment

Working...
                                X