• Show
Clear All

Lets take out the SEC

Put UCF in the Big Ten and this thread wouldn't exist

Comment

eh

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
      Put UCF in the Big Ten and this thread wouldn't exist
      at least it would be all conference champions, right?

Comment

Do you think UCF played the same Auburn team it would have played knowing a national title was on the line

Comment

Edit - Nevermind. I said something that didn't make sense. What else is new.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-04-2018, 02:38 PM.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

seems like it

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
            Do you think UCF played the same Auburn team it would have played knowing a national title was on the line
            did the team change?

Why does the bowl system exist at all then?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              did the team change?

Why does the bowl system exist at all then?
              $$$$

Comment

There really is nothing new here. Unless DIV IA goes to a IAA playoff bracket these discussions will happen every year. I admit that I'm biased because I'm a UGA fan, but they split with Auburn and won the game that mattered. My organization is based in Orlando and chock full of UCF fans. When i get back in to the office after this "bomb cyclone" I'll have to chat with them.

Comment

haha, obviously

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                  $$$$
                  I think I just continue to be baffled that when they even went to the BCS and more specifically the championship game that a playoff was just ignored. I remember the discussion at the time was the bowls and cash, but with a 3 game playoff, it's only enhanced the money. I know we'll only ever get 8, but 16 or even 24 or 32 makes sense with every FBS conference getting a bid plus a number of Wild cards to make everyone happy. The idea of excluding teams based on conference causes power 5 teams to continue to isolate themselves (which they already do).

Comment

That was UCF's super bowl. For Auburn it was a vacation and some free swag and a football game.

UCF won the game fair and square, but they aren't one of the top 4 teams in football. I'm surprised people are even debating that to be honest.

Comment

I encourage everyone to watch the real sanctioned NCAA DIV I College Football Championship Final this Saturday at Noon when defending champs JMU face off against perennial contender North Dakota State.

Comment

I'm not sure

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        That was UCF's super bowl. For Auburn it was a vacation and some free swag and a football game.

UCF won the game fair and square, but they aren't one of the top 4 teams in football. I'm surprised people are even debating that to be honest.
                        I watched more college this year than almost ever before and that UCF squad was at least as good as oklahoma and probably has a better defense (duh).

Comment

Isn’t Auburn 1-4 in its last 5 bowl games?

Malzahn is to bowl games what FF was to NFC championship games
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

With one notable exception!

Comment

Don't know about that

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              Sure they missed out on the ultimate goal of making the CFP but the Auburn players on this team weren't there the last time Auburn went to a national championship. It was still a NY6 bowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X