No announcement yet.

The Eagles Should Just Forfeit The Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 felt like it was our SB to lose that season. This year was fucking awesome but unexpected. I think we will win this Saturday and go to the SB. I don’t think a Foles led team can beat Pitt. they can beat anybody else.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

No in 2010. Started as Dementia.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      Let me preface this by saying I cared for an Alzheimer's patient daily for three years until he died. Fed, clothed, bathed, walked him, took him to doctors and hospitals, all of it. i understand the disease as well as anyone here. It sucks and it is a lousy break for your father. You have a tough road and you have my sympathy, empathy and best wishes.

That being said, your father got Alzheimer's fifteen years ago?

Comment

I get your point, but to me it never felt like we'd rise above even with Wentz playing at MVP level. There's still the matter of the AFC, regardless of which team makes it. In '04, the missing link (T.O.) came in and we pounded the shit out of everyone (from the very first preseason snap, if you remember that bomb to T.O.). Felt unbeatable - and SHOULD have been - except for the matters of cheating and choking...
        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

agreed. i thought this was a borderline playoff team, but wentz's development wasn't a shocker. it happened faster than i thought it would, but he had already shown the potential to become a franchise QB. definitely wouldn't call this season lightning in a bottle.

in 04 we had the best team in a joke of a conference. we had to beat the 8-8 vikings and a mike vick-led falcons team to reach the SB. even without TO that was a ridiculously easy draw. but the regular season game against pittsburgh showed us what we looked like against a real AFC team. 04 felt like our year to finally reach the SB, but not to win it.

Comment

Just wanna say I do not like this new side of you, yet anyway. If they win Saturday - you might be onto something here.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
              I think it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to say the Eagles would have not just gone to but 100% win the Super Bowl with Wentz at QB. Are they better with Wentz over Foles? Absolutely. Do they win? I doubt it especially against New England. My argument with Rodgers is you need the rest of your team to be good as well. It's not all the QB. Its Defense too. Rodgers is a beast and Wentz hasn't even gotten to his level yet and he hasn't won in 7 seasons now.
              The eagles would be a stone cold lock to go to the super bowl if Wentz were the QB right now. Sorry bud.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                The eagles would be a stone cold lock to go to the super bowl if Wentz were the QB right now. Sorry bud.
                Really? Did you watch the Seattle game?

Comment

are the Pats a lock?

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                  DID YOU WATCH THE MIAMI GAME?!?!?!?!

Comment

Eagles played their worst game of the season in Seattle and still were 1 shitty forward lateral out of that game.

There is no way you can convince me this team wasnt going to win a Super Bowl if Wentz didnt blow out his knee.

Comment

That's the shame of this season. There is no dominant team. With Wentz, we could beat anyone.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Did you watch the game? Anyone who would rather watch some meaningless, third rate college basketball team over the Eagles needs to shut his yap. Now go home and get your fucking shinebox. Fraud.

https://247sports.com/college/saint-...Hawks-72849127

Comment

Not to mention that, despite his difficulties, he made a throw to Agholor that might be the best fucking play I've seen all season.

On the run, getting hit and falling near the sideline, he throws a 50 yard dime.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

If they do win the super bowl there will be more threads talking about what went wrong in the game than those celebrating. Foles was ok but if we had had Wentz we would have scored 50.

Comment

No there won't ... that's fucking silly.

And has nothing to do with sneering at the nitwit notion that the team isn't severely diminished by the loss of a guy who plays the most important position on offense and is in the conversation for best player in the league this year.

By the way ... the fact that they are severely diminished by lack of Wentz does not mean those who view this with the impact it deserves are not rooting for Foles and hoping he gets his groove.
                              Last edited by slag; 01-10-2018, 04:38 PM.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

precisely this

Originally posted by slag View Post
                                No there won't ... that's fucking silly.

And has nothing to do with sneering at the nitwit notion that the team isn't severely diminished by the loss of a guy who plays the most important position on offense and is in the conversation for best player in the league this year.

By the way ... the fact that they are severely diminished by lack of Wentz does not mean those who view this with the impact it deserves are not rooting for Foles and hoping he gets his groove.
                                I keep looking at it as 12 good quarters - that's all we need. Not sure it's entirely do-able, but if we've ever needed to see this team stitch 'em together, it's now.

I will say, if there's one thing we, as Eagles fans, deserve, it's knowing that it wouldn't be fucking easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X