Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you paying any attention at all ???

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    Because you're butt hurt? What trade value do you think a running back with a 12m cap number carries? What more did you think they were going to get? Aaron Rogers?

Obviously I haven't been talking to chip, but people have been cut. The defense will be getting some help. Stop being an irrational cunt.
    TRY TO GET MORE. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF A TRADE. Get as much as possible. Buffalo obviously didn't have a problem with his cap number, so get all that you can. That is the point. Whatever else you think I'm saying, you're wrong as usual. Once again, you're so busy trying to think of your next never witty but always unfunny comeback, that you're not comprehending anything.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

is that what happened?

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Chip is talking to Buffalo about a trade. Chip says "we'll give you McCoy for Alonso and a pick". Buffalo says, "no picks. Alonso for McCoy, straight up." Chip says, "okay, that works". You call that a sound trade ? All I'm saying, is what could possibly be wrong with trying to get as much as you possibly can ?
      or maybe Chip was so shocked they'd give up such a player so quickly, he took it and ran?

Remember, there was discussion of outright cutting Shady. Getting value was a coup

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...-is-no-problem

That salary and McCoy’s cap number of $11.95 million have led to much speculation about whether McCoy is at risk to be released this month. McCoy himself has said he is willing to restructure his contract to lower the cap hit, but that he is not willing to take a reduction in salary.
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 03-04-2015, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Unless you were there, and you weren't

Chip is talking to Buffalo about a trade. Chip says "we'll give you McCoy for Alonso and a pick". Buffalo says, "no picks. Alonso for McCoy, straight up." Chip says, "okay, that works". You call that a sound trade ? All I'm saying, is what could possibly be wrong with trying to get as much as you possibly can ?
        You (and everyone else here) has no idea what went down, other than the final result.
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

But if the people in the know (meaning the coaches and executives who really know the cap and trade values) know that it would be a ridiculous ask, then they aren't going to ask. There is some value to the Eagles in the Bills taking his contract off their books. McCoy's fan value does not equal his trade value. That's really the important point here.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

If Alonso was not coming off of a torn ACL

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
            or maybe Chip was so shocked they'd give up such a player so quickly, he took it and ran?

Remember, there was discussion of outright cutting Shady. Getting value was a coup

It would be a much better deal, but the ACL has to be factored in if you're going to try to gauge the value of this deal. he could team up with kendricks and be great, but I just can't believe that the eagles got the better end of this until Alonso performs at 2013 level or close to it. If that qualifies me to be a spurned lover, than so be it.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Last time I checked, an A- is better than a B

Grading the deal

Bills: B. McCoy's salary is a concern, and the offensive line in front of him is an unknown, but he'll immediately make Buffalo's offense better and more varied—and with the team's overarching quarterback concerns, that's a very good thing.

Eagles: A-minus. The only thing keeping this from a resounding A-plus is Alonso's recent injury history. He'll be a perfect fit in a defense whose linebackers were all over the place in 2014 (and not in a good way). He's a special player when healthy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eag...kelly-rex-ryan
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                Grading the deal

Bills: B. McCoy's salary is a concern, and the offensive line in front of him is an unknown, but he'll immediately make Buffalo's offense better and more varied—and with the team's overarching quarterback concerns, that's a very good thing.

Eagles: A-minus. The only thing keeping this from a resounding A-plus is Alonso's recent injury history. He'll be a perfect fit in a defense whose linebackers were all over the place in 2014 (and not in a good way). He's a special player when healthy.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/03/eag...kelly-rex-ryan

EIO grades on a curve.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  You or I or the fans don't know what he asked for. LeSean, as much as I liked him, signed his own walking papers--just as Jackson did--when he made it public he wouldn't be taking less money to restructure his contract. Alonso is in his 3rd year, although coming off an injury, and McCoy is in his 7th year, at a physically demanding position, to which the shelf lfe is about 4-5 years usually. He already has over what, 1800 carries in his 6 years?
                  Thats bullshit. McCoy was willing to renegotiate. Kelly didn't even want to talk about it.

Fact is Kelly wanted to get rid of him last season but decided not to take the PR hit after DJax.

Http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl14ij
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I find it flattering that you think I'm trying to be clever

TRY TO GET MORE. THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF A TRADE. Get as much as possible. Buffalo obviously didn't have a problem with his cap number, so get all that you can. That is the point. Whatever else you think I'm saying, you're wrong as usual. Once again, you're so busy trying to think of your next never witty but always unfunny comeback, that you're not comprehending anything.
                    When I'm actually trying to dumb things down to a level you could actually understand (you're still not getting it). Emo in Ohio needs a tissue. He doesn't get it.

Comment

Whatever

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      EIO grades on a curve.
                      The biggest gripe on this board, is how the Eagles are always going after guys with a history of injuries, and now they trade McCoy straight up for a guy coming off of an ACL, and all of a sudden, this is supposed to be fine. In my opinion, it's a bad deal, unless Alonso can either get all the way back to his old form, or very close to it.

Comment

renegotiate?

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        Thats bullshit. McCoy was willing to renegotiate. Kelly didn't even want to talk about it.

Fact is Kelly wanted to get rid of him last season but decided not to take the PR hit after DJax.

in what way?

That salary and McCoy’s cap number of $11.95 million have led to much speculation about whether McCoy is at risk to be released this month. McCoy himself has said he is willing to restructure his contract to lower the cap hit, but that he is not willing to take a reduction in salary.

Comment

I disagree

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          But if the people in the know (meaning the coaches and executives who really know the cap and trade values) know that it would be a ridiculous ask, then they aren't going to ask. There is some value to the Eagles in the Bills taking his contract off their books. McCoy's fan value does not equal his trade value. That's really the important point here.
                          doesn't hurt anything to ask, even if it sounds ridiculous. You ask, Buffalo balks, you keep negotiating.

Comment

The biggest gripe on this board, is how the Eagles are always going after guys with a history of injuries, and now they trade McCoy straight up for a guy coming off of an ACL, and all of a sudden, this is supposed to be fine. In my opinion, it's a bad deal, unless Alonso can either get all the way back to his old form, or very close to it.
                            But you're ok throwing $9million a year at WR that tore his ACL twice and as recently as a year an half ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

That twit whatever post makes it clear:

"Honestly we were under the impression the whole time, that eventually at some point, Chip [Kelly] was going to ask LeSean to restructure his contract--not a pay cut, but convert some of his signing bonus."
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

ACL's are not what they used to be, and a bunch of people have come back from them as good as before, and at his age, I really don't think it's an issue.

With that said, if that was his only injury, It really would not bother me at all. It bothers me more that he has had several injuries, strung together than the ACL that he is coming off of.

Comment

Working...
                                X