Has anyone ponied up for Philly.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ponied up for Philly.com?

Just curious if this tactic worked. Not sure it’s the smartest thing to do on their part.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

I go back and forth on whether paying for a newspaper is worth it. The advertising on Philly.com is miserable with those furniture popups and block videos 20 lines through each article.

However, the quality of journalism does go up - if it's just for sports, I'd rather read the Athletic anyway.

However, protip - just use incognito mode on philly.com to read it fo free.

Comment

I wonder if they have an arrangement with Florio to be the one liner every day for a while to drive traffic? I feel like PFT used to link NJ.com but not so much anymore.

Apples to oranges, but my Atlantic subscription costs $25 a year, and journalism doesn’t get much better.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        Just curious if this tactic worked. Not sure it’s the smartest thing to do on their part.
        http://www.philly.com/philly/sports

I am able to get the articles with that link w/o paying.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post

This is what I've been doing too.

The link above doesn't work for me as I still get blocked after viewing a minimal number of articles.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            I wonder if they have an arrangement with Florio to be the one liner every day for a while to drive traffic? I feel like PFT used to link NJ.com but not so much anymore.

Apples to oranges, but my Atlantic subscription costs $25 a year, and journalism doesn’t get much better.
            I'm not opposed to paying for content, but the Philly.com asking prices is more than I am willing to pay for., especially as somebody out of the area. A buck a week seems about right to me.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I go back and forth on whether paying for a newspaper is worth it. The advertising on Philly.com is miserable with those furniture popups and block videos 20 lines through each article.

However, the quality of journalism does go up - if it's just for sports, I'd rather read the Athletic anyway.

Or just stop the page load before the paywall pops up.

Comment

Another protip - install an ad blocker and get rid of the garbage ads and videos philly.com stuffs in your face. Its like a completely different site.

Comment

Not until they bring Eliot Shorr-Parks on board.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                  X