Congratulations IGGLEPHANS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations IGGLEPHANS

Now that the hoopla has died down just a bit, I wanted to check in and offer congrats to all of my friends on the bored.

I had not posted in a while, and once the run became serious, I saw no point in posting then. Only bad karma could come of it so I kept it all the same and stayed away.

And honestly...my friends on the bored know how I felt, just as I knew how you did and all other long suffering Birds fans.

The game, the celebration after on Broad St. and the parade on Thursday rank among the greatest moments in my life.

Football-wise, we are now the best team in the NFL...aside from winning the Lombardy we have the top ranked offense the fourth ranked defense (only NFL squad with both sides of the ball in top 5) killer special teams, the NFL Coach of the Year and a kick-ass GM who should be co-MVP.

Great things lie ahead.

But no matter what we do (yes I said WE) from here on out, NOTHING will top the feelings this team gave us.

Thank you Eagles.

Thank you and continue to enjoy, Igglephans!
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

thank you, IG.

your post is spot-on.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 02-13-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

How great was the Parade pre-game?

Legendary! Man I've never been so happy. To share that with my son and all of you........just awesome. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Comment

You to Georgie!

congrats to you and your family,,besides my kids being born best days of my life...was great sharing it all with the crew@ Zubus!

Howie was GM of the Year! and yeah Dougie got snubbed!
        Last edited by TRENT; 02-13-2018, 03:10 PM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Thank you, brother !!

well said !
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

IG!

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            Now that the hoopla has died down just a bit, I wanted to check in and offer congrats to all of my friends on the bored.

I had not posted in a while, and once the run became serious, I saw no point in posting then. Only bad karma could come of it so I kept it all the same and stayed away.

And honestly...my friends on the bored know how I felt, just as I knew how you did and all other long suffering Birds fans.

The game, the celebration after on Broad St. and the parade on Thursday rank among the greatest moments in my life.

Football-wise, we are now the best team in the NFL...aside from winning the Lombardy we have the top ranked offense the fourth ranked defense (only NFL squad with both sides of the ball in top 5) killer special teams, the NFL Coach of the Year and a kick-ass GM who should be co-MVP.

Great things lie ahead.

But no matter what we do (yes I said WE) from here on out, NOTHING will top the feelings this team gave us.

Thank you Eagles.

Thank you and continue to enjoy, Igglephans!
            I wondered if the jinx effect was in play here. Whatever we all did, it worked! Great to see you here again
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

you too, man. we've come a long way from the lyme disease days.

all we are sayingggg
              is give peete a chance.

Comment

Glad to see that you're still alive

What a magical, storybook season...one for the ages!

Comment

Detmer's still better than Peete.

Truth ... I gave that Detmer jersey you got me to my son ... the Eagles never lost a game when he wore it this year ... including when we watched the Supe in Philadelphia.

Woo
                  Last edited by slag; 02-13-2018, 05:00 PM.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Congrats too you!

Two questions:

Where you at Xfinity and on TV during the MN game? Or maybe it was the SB? I though I saw you on TV.

Do you still have the #14 Pederson Jersey? That’s a hell of a collectors item if you do!

Comment

thanks everyone

this photo says it all for me. I pulled my daughter out of her high school in '08 to go to the Phillies parade, and when the clock hit zeroes at the Super Bowl my phone rang immediately and it was her. "You know were going to the parade, right?" she asked rhetorically. Now 24, a college grad, a working professional and living in Fishtown...that made the old man feel pretty damn good!

Queenie...that must have been some other nerd. I wont set foot in xfinity Live unless I have to, and for the Minnesota game I was in section 135.

Im too dumb to have held onto the Pederson jersey. I gave it to another Igglephan, I forget who, a few years after I got it.

May 7, 2010

Comment

OMG beyond legendary

I love you guys.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                          this photo says it all for me. I pulled my daughter out of her high school in '08 to go to the Phillies parade, and when the clock hit zeroes at the Super Bowl my phone rang immediately and it was her. "You know were going to the parade, right?" she asked rhetorically. Now 24, a college grad, a working professional and living in Fishtown...that made the old man feel pretty damn good!

Queenie...that must have been some other nerd. I wont set foot in xfinity Live unless I have to, and for the Minnesota game I was in section 135.

Im too dumb to have held onto the Pederson jersey. I gave it to another Igglephan, I forget who, a few years after I got it.

This is the shit right here that other teams fans just simply will never understand, love for the Iggs is a passion that spans generations, and brings people together like nothing else. I was thrilled for the 70’s Flyers, the 83 76ers, and the 80 and 08 Phils. The joy I felt when that Hail Mary hit the turf brought me to my knees, we were at our friends house, and one of our friends actually asked if I was ok, my wife said he’s celebrating with his dad and brothers up in heaven, he’s just fine. I can still cry with ease upon watching the end of that game. We deserve this feeling, World Fucking Champs!

Comment

Congrats, buddy! Glad you got to see the parade with your daughter.

Random: I was on twitter a few weeks back and Roob was going back and forth with someone about a picture they had posted and the guy says, "hey, isn't that [your name] in the front there?" and Roob said, "yup that looks like [your name]." It did kind of look like you.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yes! Yes!

Congrats to all you dysfunctional internet geek anti-social hide-behind-your-keyboard freaks!

Comment

Working...
                              X