5 year anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 year anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy

still breaks my heart. seeing the pics and comments on twitter today is always tough.

Add in the fact that nothing significant has changed since it took place makes it even harder to accept.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandyHook5yrs?src=hash

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    still breaks my heart. seeing the pics and comments on twitter today is always tough.

Add in the fact that nothing significant has changed since it took place makes it even harder to accept.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/SandyHook5yrs?src=hash
    Please don't politicize this tragedy. It's too soon to talk about gun violence.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Disrespectful on my part. I need to remember the victims. Prayers up for everyone involved!

It’s way too soon to discuss gun control and sensible laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Disrespectful on my part. I need to remember the victims. Prayers up for everyone involved!

It’s way too soon to discuss gun control and sensible laws.
        Yes what a tragedy it was and very sad, as for the gun laws they would never have changed what happened and they never will. Gun laws are only for LEGAL gun owners not ILLEGAL.

Comment

Dumbest post ever

It's clear to any thinking person that the availability of a bump stock made the Vegas shootings clearly more destructive.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

If there's anything I like more than beluga caviar...

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            It's clear to any thinking person that the availability of a bump stock made the Vegas shootings clearly more destructive.
            ...it's a good gun nutz thread! Where's my beluga popcorn...

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              Thought he was talking about Sandy Hook, where you can walk across the street from any home and buy an illegal gun. You think Criminals and Killers are saying to themselves " man I hope a new gun law does not go in effect how will we ever buy a gun " NO, illegal guns are everywhere and easy to obtain, so all the laws in the world will never change that, and yes a bump stock would be as easy to get as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                Thought he was talking about Sandy Hook, where you can walk across the street from any home and buy an illegal gun. You think Criminals and Killers are saying to themselves " man I hope a new gun law does not go in effect how will we ever buy a gun " NO, illegal guns are everywhere and easy to obtain, so all the laws in the world will never change that, and yes a bump stock would be as easy to get as well.
                How do you think criminals get a hold of guns? They're buying them legally and using them illegally, they're stealing them, or they're using loopholes to purchase them illegally.

The thing that makes it so easy for them to do this is the sheer number of guns in this country and the number that are being sold and re-sold.

It's a lot harder to use a gun illegally if you can't get a hold of one and it's a lot harder to get a hold of one if there are not as many circulating around.

Buying back firearms and assigning liability for their misuse to manufacturers, original buyers and sellers are ways to reduce the ease in which they enter the hands of people that shouldn't have them.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Create a federal registry for ALL guns. Make it a felony if you are caught with a gun not registered to you. Make it so the person who a gun is registered to an accomplice to any crime that gun is used in. Those three items will greatly reduce gun crimes in this country while allowing people to own guns.

Comment

Here's a more realistic idea

Originally posted by harls View Post
                    Create a federal registry for ALL guns. Make it a felony if you are caught with a gun not registered to you. Make it so the person who a gun is registered to an accomplice to any crime that gun is used in. Those three items will greatly reduce gun crimes in this country while allowing people to own guns.
                    Enlist Tinkerbell the Fairy to wave her magic wand and make all guns disappear.

You seriously think criminals are going to register their illegally obtained guns?? Wow
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Was the gun used in Sandy Hook illegally purchased?

Yes what a tragedy it was and very sad, as for the gun laws they would never have changed what happened and they never will. Gun laws are only for LEGAL gun owners not ILLEGAL.
                      I seem to remember it being taken from the mother, who had legally purchased it.

People talk about gun violence stats in cities like Chicago with "the toughest gun control laws in the country," but ignore the fact that its neighboring state, Indiana, has some of the most relaxed gun laws in the country.

It is a damn disgrace that NOTHING has been done following these tragedies. I don't think you'll ever be able to get rid of guns outright in this country but BUMP STOCKS? Give me a fucking break.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        Enlist Tinkerbell the Fairy to wave her magic wand and make all guns disappear.

You seriously think criminals are going to register their illegally obtained guns?? Wow
                        No but it will cut off the flow of illegal guns. Most illegal guns were purchased and then sold off to.criminals. by my suggestion once those guns are used in a crime that buyer/seller is off the streets. This makes it less likely someone will be the purchaser. It also takes people off the street when they are caught with a gun not registered to them. No it won't stop it all but it would help without hurting law abiding gun owners.

Comment

It's already a crime

No but it will cut off the flow of illegal guns. Most illegal guns were purchased and then sold off to.criminals. by my suggestion once those guns are used in a crime that buyer/seller is off the streets. This makes it less likely someone will be the purchaser. It also takes people off the street when they are caught with a gun not registered to them. No it won't stop it all but it would help without hurting law abiding gun owners.
                          I guess what you're really saying is judges need to impose higher penalties for gun-related crimes? I doubt anyone will argue with you on that
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

WRONG, you just do not get it, criminals are criminals for a reason they do not obey the law.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                              How do you think criminals get a hold of guns? They're buying them legally and using them illegally, they're stealing them, or they're using loopholes to purchase them illegally.

The thing that makes it so easy for them to do this is the sheer number of guns in this country and the number that are being sold and re-sold.

It's a lot harder to use a gun illegally if you can't get a hold of one and it's a lot harder to get a hold of one if there are not as many circulating around.

Buying back firearms and assigning liability for their misuse to manufacturers, original buyers and sellers are ways to reduce the ease in which they enter the hands of people that shouldn't have them.
                              You think people who are criminals and killers are buying guns legally and using them illegally, ok let's say you are right. NOW they pass the law that makes it impossible to buy them. How will they now get them ??? Ill tell you how, in my town a few years back they caught a guy who sold firearms, bombs and any kind of weapon you could want, this guy was doing it for 20+ years, the only reason he got caught is because someone who did a crime with the illegal weapon ratted him out. He got 2 years, guess what he is doing now ? you got it same thing and everyone knows it. You cannot stop it by making laws, you stop it by putting these people away when you catch them for life.

Comment

Working...
                              X