Can't get too worked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get too worked up

That was a tough spot. Seattle played their best game. They never really felt in the game - and yet they were in the game.

Here's where I'm at with the playoffs: I would really like a first round bye. I would really like to not have to play at New Orleans or Seattle (they scare me more on the road than Minnesota does for whatever reason). That's all still very doable if they can beat the Rams.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Same here, on all points.

I think the first round bye is the most important. Who knows what kind of small injuries are going to crop up over the next few weeks, I feel like some players could use a bye week as it is. And a road game in Minnesota wouldn't be the end of the world.

Comment

Seattle played like it was a playoff game ... Wilson, according to his coach, had his best game this year ... and the Eagles stepped on their dicks and got their dicks stepped on by the officials all night.

Who knows ... maybe it was a good thing to stop them smelling their own farts.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Who knows ... maybe it was a good thing to stop them smelling their own farts.
        I was thinking at some point last week that I was glad that they had lost to KC early on... I wouldn't want any part of the circus that goes with an undefeated team late in the season.

Hopefully this loss will kill down some of the toxic (and jinxy) hype and wake them up a little as well.

Comment

Yup. I'll save my meltdown for if they lose against the Lambs. Hopefully last night was a wakeup call.

Comment

Seth Joyner had a great point last night

Seattle has been running those short rub routes and crossing routes for years.
            Billy B gave other defensive coordinators a blueprint for negating them yet the Iggles defense played as if they never saw those routes before.
            That's on the D coordinator. Shvantz either screwed up or the dbacks didn't pay attention in the meetings or practice.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I’m just pissed that the riverboat gambler decided to not gamble. He didn’t coach (call plays) like he has done all season. Went from being aggressive to being passive. I also question why we didn’t pick on the Seattle secondary early in the game.
              500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yeah, that was bizarre. Off game for Doug. That was just a perfect storm bad game.

I agree with Roth - Rams game is important now. Can't just beat up on the bad teams.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I figured we would split the games on this road trip, we need to take care of business in LA
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

This loss was needed!

But typical philly overreact going today. Now I'm reading that Kelce is garbage because of a few low snaps and late snaps. Pederson is not the good/great coach that engineered a 10-1 record. He's back to being "Gomer". Wentz--well, no one is really bashing him too much. The Defense is lousy. Receivers suck.

Jeezus Philly! Everyone says "I know they won't win them all" and then everyone jumps off the Whitman because they lose one. Does it matter how they lost? Would we feel better if they lost last second? Blown out?

They lost. A loss is a loss.

I've gone into each game feeling like this team isn't real. The wins were hollow.

If they win next week, then I'm going to be psyched. The true measure isn't how good you play when you are on a roll. The true measure of a champion, whether you are playing chess, boxing, golf, or team sports, is how you respond when you get knocked to the mat.

This team, if they are what we all think they are, will take this moment. This unique moment, and run it all the way to February!

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                      I’m just pissed that the riverboat gambler decided to not gamble. He didn’t coach (call plays) like he has done all season. Went from being aggressive to being passive. I also question why we didn’t pick on the Seattle secondary early in the game.
                      WENTZ WASN'T GETTING ANY TIME BACK THERE. NOT EVEN FOR THREE STEP DROP AND DUNK. THAT HAGS D HAD THEIR NUMBER. KID WAS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The loss is good and bad. Again, my only problem is Gomer not being his normal aggressive self.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          The loss is good and bad. Again, my only problem is Gomer not being his normal aggressive self.
                          That was one of mine as well. That and Wentz missing passed and fumbling.

Pederson also mentioned that they have been practicing like shit (and in football having a good practice usually means they play well on gameday) and it finally caught up to them. Hopefully he is attacking them in practice and reminding them that they played shitty.

Funny thing is...as bad as they played...they were only down a td going into the fourth. If they had played even average they are probably tied or even ahead of them.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Read McLane’s film study. The gifs show Alghlor wide open on one or more occasion. Plus he had Jeffery wide open on a couple of throws. Pederson had said they called more deep passes but Wentz checked out of them to short routes.

Comment

I'm still pissed about it. I don't like that team. And I really can't stand losing to Russell Wilson. Escapability is one thing, running around in circles until the officials throw defensive holding flags is just shitty football.

I think I hate Seattle more than I hate Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                              X