Damn! So much angst on this bored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn! So much angst on this bored.

I notice how the majority of talking douchebags are touting the Viqueens as the team to beat in the NFC.

Really? The team with Case Keenum as their QB? Wow, now there’s a real savior at that position! Big Dick Nick, even with that stinker against the Raiders, is certainly on par with Keenum. Everybody has an off day, but to see it here Foles has morphed in a second Dirty Sanchez!

And the Queens defense.......better than the Iggles. Not at all. Mills makes on (very major) fuck up and the entire defense is indicted as terrible. Hah!

So the Iggles play an ugly game and eke out a win against a team we should have bulldozed and now they and their 13/2 record make them nothing but losers? Shame on every one of you spouting gloom and doom and piling on after one “poor” victory. You’re the actual losers here.

The playoffs are going through Philadelphia baby, so grab yo’ popcorn!

E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!!!!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

I agree with this.

Eagles are 13-2 at home under Pederson and 7-0 at home this year.

I tend to think the concept of bulletin board material and us against the world mentality stuff is BS. But if its real, the National Press is giving the #1 seeded Eagles plenty work with.

Foles's performance wasn't going to be linear. He'll be good enough in January.

Comment

It's a Byproduct of what happened in LA

Said to DSG the other day were the worst 13-2 team in history,,,"chuckling" of course,,,Two weeks its the defense,,then Foles had his crapper...and trust me, I have been there for many Awful Foles Performances,,,Dullas!!!!?

But that doesn't mean Its the End Game,,,,all we can hope for is that Douggie is Treating this like the Foles Preseason....we will know more 2nd qrt of the Div game....its all conjecture. 5 turnovers in 2 qrts By the defense! I'm going to enjoy My Frozen ass days in Philly coming up..

E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!!
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Wentz is clearly the biggest reason for that record.

He's not there.

The second biggest reason is the defense.

It's not there ... to the extent that anyone with an un-slanted eye knows that it has lately had more problems than one ass-rape of Mills on a slant and go.

Foles is not as bad as he was the other night, but he's not a franchise quarterback.

The defense beat a shitty team not because it handled them on the line, but because they were sloppier with the ball than the Eagles were ... not something on which to generally bank.

However, you are correct in that the rest of the league has no juggernauts either, and the Eagles have been getting the bounces so far (voodoo for which I put more stock in than many)

But forgive me if I ain't as warm and fuzzy as I'd be with Wentz there to pull some legitimate juggernaut QB play when they really need some.

And they probably will against whoever comes to town after the meaningless (love to say that) Cowboys.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm a loser

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
          I notice how the majority of talking douchebags are touting the Viqueens as the team to beat in the NFC.

Really? The team with Case Keenum as their QB? Wow, now there’s a real savior at that position! Big Dick Nick, even with that stinker against the Raiders, is certainly on par with Keenum. Everybody has an off day, but to see it here Foles has morphed in a second Dirty Sanchez!

And the Queens defense.......better than the Iggles. Not at all. Mills makes on (very major) fuck up and the entire defense is indicted as terrible. Hah!

So the Iggles play an ugly game and eke out a win against a team we should have bulldozed and now they and their 13/2 record make them nothing but losers? Shame on every one of you spouting gloom and doom and piling on after one “poor” victory. You’re the actual losers here.

E-A-G-L-E-S...........EAGLES!!!!
          For many reasons. But, if this team makes it to the Super Bowl I will be absolutely stunned. If you reseeded the current playoff teams in the NFC I'm not sure where I'd put the Eagles. I'd like to believe they could still beat Charlotte, Seattle and/or Atlanta, but beyond that I'm not so sure.

2018 is gonna tell us a lot too, if Wentz comes back. The schedule is brutal. Gomer's gonna have to do a lot more than be a good clubhouse guy.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8-schedule.htm
          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            For many reasons. But, if this team makes it to the Super Bowl I will be absolutely stunned. If you reseeded the current playoff teams in the NFC I'm not sure where I'd put the Eagles. I'd like to believe they could still beat Charlotte, Seattle and/or Atlanta, but beyond that I'm not so sure.

2018 is gonna tell us a lot too, if Wentz comes back. The schedule is brutal. Gomer's gonna have to do a lot more than be a good clubhouse guy.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...8-schedule.htm
            Schedule is brutal right now, but who knows how the teams will shape up next year.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

the schedule was brutal going into this year

Originally posted by nerd View Post
              Schedule is brutal right now, but who knows how the teams will shape up next year.
              good teams flop, bad teams rise up. Parity (parody) rules.

Comment

The schedule really isn't particularly brutal.

The Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Colts, Texans, Bucs, and Titans all suck. That is 62.5% of the schedule.

Also what is with this "IF Wentz comes back" nonsense? Per the experts he will be ready for training camp. There is no way he misses the season, unless he suffers some other injury during rehab or camp.
                Last edited by 06hawkalum; 12-27-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Texans with watson will be different, titans aren't good like the majority of the teams you listed there. If Wentz is healthy and improves from even this year (even with the injury he has to get better in some spots) then I would say 10 wins is probable.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Bwah....don’t think the irony escapes me

...that the “walking barrel of acid” is posting about angst.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Texans with watson will be different, titans aren't good like the majority of the teams you listed there. If Wentz is healthy and improves from even this year (even with the injury he has to get better in some spots) then I would say 10 wins is probable.
                      Yeah, I guess my overriding point is that if Wentz stays healthy the Eagles should have this division locked down for the next decade.

Comment

I don’t know how much playoff experience will matter but

Foles isn’t as experienced as Ryan, Newton or Brees of course, but he is more experienced than Keenum and Goff are.

The Boys game in Dallas in ‘13 was a playoff game itself and the D and STs choked the game away against the Saints in the WC game. Add to that DeSean Jackson’s disappearing act until mid 4th quarter and Cooper’s drop when he was wide open and things could have been a lot different. The Birds were up 24-23 when he left the field. Not being said is that he brought them back from 20-7 down in that game.

The last 3 games have had playoff like atmosphere to them. In LA, he brought them back from 4 points down coming in cold from the bench; in NY, only one week working with the ones he brought them back from 13 down; and Monday night twice when they had to have it, he brought them down the field to tie and then to win it.

I think the media and some fans are just concentrating on the last game and not the preceding games before that.

Comment

No one here is stating, nor even implying......

that BDN is anywhere as talented as Wentz.

But, we have all seen BDN play at a high level. If he pulls his head out of his ass from Sunday's game, then he is absolutely capable of getting the Iggles to the Super Bowl.

I do not put too much stock in game "intangibles", but I believe there's an amount of truth that teams raise their level of play when opposite the top dog. This is something the Iggles have had to deal with since they passed the mid season mark and, IMHO, they've done damn well.
                          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                            Foles isn’t as experienced as Ryan, Newton or Brees of course, but he is more experienced than Keenum and Goff are.

The Boys game in Dallas in ‘13 was a playoff game itself and the D and STs choked the game away against the Saints in the WC game. Add to that DeSean Jackson’s disappearing act until mid 4th quarter and Cooper’s drop when he was wide open and things could have been a lot different. The Birds were up 24-23 when he left the field. Not being said is that he brought them back from 20-7 down in that game.

The last 3 games have had playoff like atmosphere to them. In LA, he brought them back from 4 points down coming in cold from the bench; in NY, only one week working with the ones he brought them back from 13 down; and Monday night twice when they had to have it, he brought them down the field to tie and then to win it.

I think the media and some fans are just concentrating on the last game and not the preceding games before that.
                            If Fooles takes care of the ball the Birds have a shot in any game. If he starts throwing picks and/or fumbling ... they are done. Stating the obvious here.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I like it when he stands tall in the pocket

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              If Fooles takes care of the ball the Birds have a shot in any game. If he starts throwing picks and/or fumbling ... they are done. Stating the obvious here.
                              for about a half hour looking left, right, left, center, left, right, then throws the ball out of bounds or gets sacked. That's one of my favorite plays.
                              DB

Comment

Working...
                              X