I think Doug may surprise us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Doug may surprise us

I think he may have gone pass happy the last couple of weeks just to give Foles passing reps, even though it did not go well at all. But I gotta think that the game plan for the playoffs is pound the rock, eat the clock, and give Foles a few chances on play action with Ds having to respect the run. It is what he did with Wentz early in the season, after the KC game with great success. I think the D will keep us in it, and with the O grinding out long slow drives, they will stay fresh and aggressive. That's how I would play it anyway.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

He said as much in his post game. “You have to play great defense and run the ball. That’s been our formula all season long. We have to get back to that.”

Comment

The issue is

I think teams will stack the box and dare Foles to beat them through the air.

Comment

They would be smart to start more plays under center. Better for the run game and play action will help the passing game. Not to mention Kelce snaps are awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          I think he may have gone pass happy the last couple of weeks just to give Foles passing reps, even though it did not go well at all. But I gotta think that the game plan for the playoffs is pound the rock, eat the clock, and give Foles a few chances on play action with Ds having to respect the run. It is what he did with Wentz early in the season, after the KC game with great success. I think the D will keep us in it, and with the O grinding out long slow drives, they will stay fresh and aggressive. That's how I would play it anyway.
          If he has half a brain, he will. He really doesn’t have a choice.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Ground and pound

Comment

Not in his DNA. He can’t help himself but to run that fucked up variant of a WCO. At the slightest dip in score, he’ll go pass happy(ier).
              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

i thought the same thing about going pass happy to give foles reps. and it only went badly against oakland. we put up 34 against the giants so i don't think not running the ball held us back offensively.

Comment

GOING TO BE A 55-45 BALANCE, LIKE EARLY IN THE YEAR. RUN RUN RUN.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Won't work unless Foles proves he can pass.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Wentz and the offense did a great job throughout the year converting third downs. Not seeing Foles being able to have the same success unless something changes. He also needs to be more aware in the pocket. Too many plays where he doesn't "feel" the pressure and turnovers happen.

Comment

Committing to the run game

Originally posted by ArkansasEagle View Post
                        Wentz and the offense did a great job throughout the year converting third downs. Not seeing Foles being able to have the same success unless something changes. He also needs to be more aware in the pocket. Too many plays where he doesn't "feel" the pressure and turnovers happen.
                        Is so much easier when you have a guy who converts 3rd and 7 after 2- and 1-yard runs.

Comment

I'm hoping the plan was the keep Ajayi fresh for the playoffs. I still think he's not 100% but a few weeks off may help. Playing in Miami, I'm sure he saw his share of stacked boxes.

All I know is if this team comes in unprepared for the fourth game in a row, I will know that Wentz is making Pederson look a lot better than he really is.

Comment

Gomer needs to recognize Foles' shortcomings (particularly in seeing the field) and should adjust his plays to fit the skill set.

Unfortunately Foles' propensity to lock on one guy and pay too much attention to the pass rush (with the connected inability to see all his options) may be due to lack of playing time and not so much because he sucks.

Or it might be because he sucks.

Either way, he cannot run the same shit Wentz ran, which often required Wentz to pull some athletic move Foles does not have or throw into a window Foles cannot (or will not) try.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Doug has already surprised us

.....with making this team a contender so quickly in the face of strong doubt from the fan base and others.

Going to be difficult for another surprise, a lot to ask IMO
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X