IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 11-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
bdinphoenix

Default AZ Cardinals Def Coordinator calls Eagles soft

The following was in a story in the Arizona Republic about last week's game between the Eagles and Cardinals.

"New defensive coordinator Ray Horton is impressed.

"This has, to me, the feel of a Pittsburgh-Baltimore, where it's all about the dirty game of sandlot (football)," Horton said. "(It's) like on a Saturday afternoon when you're a young kid watching football, you go out in the park and you play football and you come home bloody.

"I respect that it's a throwback game of power football. Last week, we talked about it being a seven-on-seven track meet because (the Eagles) don't want to get touched. They don't want to get dirty (in) Philadelphia. But San Francisco, they want to get down in the dirt with you and get dirty and see who is the tougher man."

Horton was talking about the Cardinals rivalry with the 49ers when he said the Eagles don't want to get touched.
bdinphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Ivan-d-terrible

FFF
Ivan-d-terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 10:18 PM  
Posted in reply to Ivan-d-terrible's post starting "FFF"
stealth_rhino

Seems like every week this team gets clowned in the media by the team that we just played, which rarely happens unless you just played a Ryan Clan led team. Hell it even happened a couple times BEFORE games this season.

No one is scared of this butt squad. At. All.

An in turn, does our squad learn and maybe work harder? Possibly get pissed off and make the next team pay?

Nope, they just keep playing matador and/or refuse to finish plays; or as in Avant's case lash out against the fans, which have been pretty tame considering the quivering pile of dog shit that gets shoved under their nose every home game.
stealth_rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 10:32 PM  
Posted in reply to stealth_rhino's post starting "Seems like every week this team gets..."
Ivan-d-terrible

Its amazing that in 13 years FF has only produced 1 star on defense. (Trent Cole)

Am I missing anybody?

I liked Avant alot better when he just did his job. He is a product of the system and should just STFU.
Unread 11-18-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
harls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan-d-terrible View Post
Its amazing that in 13 years FF has only produced 1 star on defense. (Trent Cole)

Am I missing anybody?

I liked Avant alot better when he just did his job. He is a product of the system and should just STFU.
For a period of time I would have considered Lito Sheppard to be up there other then that the ones he had were already here
harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
Dolomite

We have a great track team they can race anyone.
Dolomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
JofreyRice

Default soft and incompetent

Didinger calls the defense "ineptly-coached". You don't hear that kind of critical candor from Didinger unless it's legit.
"The fact is, we carefully edit our reality, searching for evidence that confirms what we already believe. Although we pretend we’re empiricists — our views dictated by nothing but the facts — we’re actually blinkered, especially when it comes to information that contradicts our theories." - Jonah Lehrer
JofreyRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
rothdawg

rothdawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Better tell idiots.com about it.
rothdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
C from SD

Default Eagles spurned him, and he got the last laugh

Horton interviewed for the Eagles defensive coordinator position this past offseason, but they chose Castillo instead of him. Horton can be happy since his team won, but the overall Cardinals team record may mean he'll be out of a job by the end of the season.
C from SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
4dabirds75

Send a message via Yahoo to 4dabirds75

Quote:

Am I missing anybody?

Sheldon Brown was underrated. I think for a few years he was one of the top CB's in the game. Outside of that no one really comes to mind.
4dabirds75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
Ballsy

Default sounds like sour grapes

Horton was a candidate for the Birds' job. His team sucks ass, just like us. talking smack about the Eagles is a douchey move
Ballsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:51 PM  
Posted in reply to 4dabirds75's post starting "Sheldon Brown was underrated. I think..."
Ivan-d-terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dabirds75 View Post
Sheldon Brown was underrated. I think for a few years he was one of the top CB's in the game. Outside of that no one really comes to mind.
I was pist when he left. IMO he was an Eagle just like D Jack is.
Unread 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
4dabirds75

Send a message via Yahoo to 4dabirds75

Quote:
I was pist when he left. IMO he was an Eagle just like D Jack is.
If this team is ever going to go anywhere they've got to start drafting better. There aren't a lot of successful NFL teams out there who play more late round draft picks and CFA's than first and second rounders. Sure there are always goign to be guys who are undrafted or late round picks who make teams and become great players.....but you don't try to fill out your fucking roster with them the way the Eagles do.
4dabirds75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinals, eagles, rivalry, soft, weak