IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WTF! George Thorogood a stinkin' Mutts fan?!?

I never knew this. I always liked Thorogood ever since the time I got tipped off by the owner of a record store in Newark that he would be playing there. He set up a little television so he could watch WWF (as it was called at the time) while he performed.

At least he gives kudos to Connie Mack stadium. But the stinkin Mutts? Never knew that. He grew up in the neighborhood next to mine! That's Phillies country or maybe you can make an excuse for liking the Orioles.

I do have to say that Thorogood is a big baseball fan and used to play in a semi pro league in Delaware for a while.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...diums-20120516

You can't spell FIASCO without the F.O. FIFTY SIX years and counting...
#proimmigrant
IronEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

I use to play on some softball fields in Newark that he owned and donated to the county. His girlfriend was also my art teacher in high school. Of course she was pretty hot, but one wonders at what level her relationship was with a rock star. She was really good looking, btw.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:41 AM  
Posted in reply to Drama Queen's post starting "I use to play on some softball fields..."
lifer

GT has been a longtime LA resident.

Somehow, Newark has survived.

sure gonna miss that old signature.
Feel the vacuum.

lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
capitaleagle

Default Don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
I never knew this. I always liked Thorogood ever since the time I got tipped off by the owner of a record store in Newark that he would be playing there. He set up a little television so he could watch WWF (as it was called at the time) while he performed.

At least he gives kudos to Connie Mack stadium. But the stinkin Mutts? Never knew that. He grew up in the neighborhood next to mine! That's Phillies country or maybe you can make an excuse for liking the Orioles.

I do have to say that Thorogood is a big baseball fan and used to play in a semi pro league in Delaware for a while.

maybe I misread it but it reads to me like he's a huge Philadelphia fan. He says the worst park in all of sports is wherever the Mets are playing. Doesn't sound like a Mets fan to me...
capitaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 12:17 PM  
Posted in reply to capitaleagle's post "Don't think so"
capitaleagle

Default I'm an idiot, nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaleagle View Post
maybe I misread it but it reads to me like he's a huge Philadelphia fan. He says the worst park in all of sports is wherever the Mets are playing. Doesn't sound like a Mets fan to me...
didn't even see him wearing a Mets hat RIGHT NEXT to the text
capitaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Irish George

Irish George is an unknown quantity at this point
Default he also played pro softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post

there was an attempt to start a league in the 80s that played in big league parks. the one at the Vet, that Thorogood played on was actually called the Philadelphia Athletics

Irish George is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thorogood