IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2017, 01:15 AM   #41
broadstreetparade
 
broadstreetparade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts:
broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
Iím in it to see a Super Bowl. Foles isnít gonna do it. Kaep probably wonít either but I would explore every possible option.
Give it up, this season isnít special. In fact, itís the polar opposite of special.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 08:02 AM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "Kelceís snaps are annoying, youíre right"
#42
TerpEagle
 
TerpEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ballmer Canny, Merlin
Posts:
TerpEagle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
Kelceís snaps are annoying, youíre right
They can explain the plays to him in the huddle each down.
__________________
--
Your Retarded
TerpEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 10:38 AM   #43
Eagle In Ohio
 
Eagle In Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgewick and Cedar
Posts:
Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You have GOT to be kidding me

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
I served and I don’t give a shit if this guys stands or kneels during the anthem. It’s all feel good bull shit the NFL puts on before every game anyways Fact is dude can’t play. If he could he’d be playing under Center for one of the many teams that lost a starting QB this year. Kaep isn’t taking this team to a super bowl just like foles isn’t. Shit happens, it just so happens that shit happens to the eagles more so than others.

I will go to my grave swearing this team would have won a super bowl if Wentz stayed healthy.
Please tell me that you're not that naÔve. Tell me that you don't REALLY believe that "if he could play, he'd have a job" bullshit. once again, he just showed LAST YEAR that he's more than capable of playing in this league. the numbers he posted LAST YEAR show that to be a fact.
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 12-26-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Eagle In Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #44
06hawkalum
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts:
06hawkalum is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
Give it up, this season isnít special. In fact, itís the polar opposite of special.
Yup, 13-2 seasons happen all the time in Philly. Very ho-hum.
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #45
Spartan92
 
Spartan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts:
Spartan92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
Please tell me that you're not that naÔve. Tell me that you don't REALLY believe that "if he could play, he'd have a job" bullshit. once again, he just showed LAST YEAR that he's more than capable of playing in this league. the numbers he posted LAST YEAR show that to be a fact.
ok let's put this to rest once and for all. We are 2.5 weeks away from a playoff game. Let's use your theory and say the Eagles sign him. You really believe that he is 1) in game shape 2) will be able to learn the full offense not a scaled down version 3) be able to develop chemistry with the receivers in time 4) be able to play at a high level in cold weather as he was a santa clara QB his entire career 5) come off the streets and start cold with no offseason or training at all... I think not but sure make your argument to the contrary would love to hear it. Foles is not the answer but he is serviceable as well. if we are going to win it is going to have to be running the ball and the D needs to be special. There is no QB out there that we can pick up now at this point that will put this team on his back and win it with his arm only period. Not Kap, not Romo, not anyone unless Green Bay released Rodgers and we somehow claim him off waivers hahahahahahaha we are stuck with Foles so let's suck it up back up our QB and our team and root for the iggs to kick some ass!
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:04 AM   #46
broadstreetparade
 
broadstreetparade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts:
broadstreetparade is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
Please tell me that you're not that naÔve. Tell me that you don't REALLY believe that "if he could play, he'd have a job" bullshit. once again, he just showed LAST YEAR that he's more than capable of playing in this league. the numbers he posted LAST YEAR show that to be a fact.
Give me a break, the nfl brought back a convicted dog killer. Teams are willing to take PR back lash for a guy who can win games. This whole conversation is stupid.
broadstreetparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:09 AM   #47
06hawkalum
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts:
06hawkalum is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
Give me a break, the nfl brought back a convicted dog killer. Teams are willing to take PR back lash for a guy who can win games. This whole conversation is stupid.
Most people don't give a flying fuck about pit bulls. However, a good 30% of Americans love eating out Trump's asshole and sucking his micropeen, including a solid percentage of the Eagles fanbase. There is far more risk in bringing back Kaep than Vicks.

That being said, the idea of bringing in Kaep at this juncture and anointing him the starter for the playoffs is sheer lunancy.
06hawkalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM  
Posted in reply to Spartan92's post starting "ok let's put this to rest once and for..."
#48
Eagle In Ohio
 
Eagle In Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgewick and Cedar
Posts:
Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First and foremost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan92 View Post
ok let's put this to rest once and for all. We are 2.5 weeks away from a playoff game. Let's use your theory and say the Eagles sign him. You really believe that he is 1) in game shape 2) will be able to learn the full offense not a scaled down version 3) be able to develop chemistry with the receivers in time 4) be able to play at a high level in cold weather as he was a santa clara QB his entire career 5) come off the streets and start cold with no offseason or training at all... I think not but sure make your argument to the contrary would love to hear it. Foles is not the answer but he is serviceable as well. if we are going to win it is going to have to be running the ball and the D needs to be special. There is no QB out there that we can pick up now at this point that will put this team on his back and win it with his arm only period. Not Kap, not Romo, not anyone unless Green Bay released Rodgers and we somehow claim him off waivers hahahahahahaha we are stuck with Foles so let's suck it up back up our QB and our team and root for the iggs to kick some ass!
I never said he should start over Foles, and I donít believe that rothdawg did, either. However, as we all know, youíre starter is one play away from needing to be replaced. If youíre seriously going to tell me that Colin Kaepernick isnít a more than viable option to be Nick Folesí backup, then thereís really no need to discuss football further. Foles is playing ok, but I donít think anyone can say that theyíre 100% confident that Foles is all we need.
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill
Eagle In Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #49
Eagle In Ohio
 
Eagle In Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgewick and Cedar
Posts:
Eagle In Ohio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Geno Smith has a job

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstreetparade View Post
Give me a break, the nfl brought back a convicted dog killer. Teams are willing to take PR back lash for a guy who can win games. This whole conversation is stupid.
The defense rests............
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill
Eagle In Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:32 AM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post starting "This has nothing to do with ratings,..."
#50
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
This has nothing to do with ratings, man. And anyone who knows me knows itís not about ideaolgy. I know 13 win seasons dont happen often and I want the team to be in the best position to win.

And here you go, itís at least more playoff highlights than I can find for Foles
The idea that he can come in cold five years removed from that, and one year removed from playing any football at all, and still be that guy is just desperate thinking.

I understand why you're desperate, but it's not happening.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:33 AM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "First and foremost"
#51
Spartan92
 
Spartan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts:
Spartan92 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
I never said he should start over Foles, and I donít believe that rothdawg did, either. However, as we all know, youíre starter is one play away from needing to be replaced. If youíre seriously going to tell me that Colin Kaepernick isnít a more than viable option to be Nick Folesí backup, then thereís really no need to discuss football further. Foles is playing ok, but I donít think anyone can say that theyíre 100% confident that Foles is all we need.
back up sure, why not, but if Foles goes down Kap has the same issues I described above and we are in the same spot, screwed tho he would be better that Sudafed i suppose I will give you that
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 11:36 AM  
Posted in reply to Eagle In Ohio's post "First and foremost"
#52
Snakebitten
 
Snakebitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: City of Champions
Posts:
Snakebitten is on a distinguished road
Default

It's gotten to the point that there's a fucking Kaepernick thread. It doesn't get any worse than that.
Snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 03:41 PM  
Posted in reply to 06hawkalum's post starting "Such a dumb idea...Foles would still be..."
#53
Youcis
 
Youcis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts:
Youcis is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06hawkalum View Post
Such a dumb idea...Foles would still be the starter and is unlikely to get injured.

Signing Colin would make the Eagles Enemy #1 with the Trumptards, including the troll daddy himself. Why would you want this sort of the media attention?
^

The reason that people don't like the protests is because it's the 13% of the population that commits 50% of the violent crime, collects 30% of the welfare, and pays 6% of the taxes complaining about being treated unfairly.
Youcis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 05:12 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post "Eagles should sign Kaepernick"
#54
thegodfather
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts:
thegodfather is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
Show some balls, Lurie. Be the good rich liberal that you envision yourself as.
You donít get to be the 1 seed often. Nick Foles was attrocious tonight, and I really donít want to see him play again.
STFU Kap STINKS or he would be playing somewhere
thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2017, 07:54 PM  
Posted in reply to rothdawg's post "Eagles should sign Kaepernick"
#55
91EaglesD
 
91EaglesD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FI
Posts:
91EaglesD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothdawg View Post
Show some balls, Lurie. Be the good rich liberal that you envision yourself as.
You donít get to be the 1 seed often. Nick Foles was attrocious tonight, and I really donít want to see him play again.
Political posturing!
__________________
I'm not the hill you want to die on
91EaglesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS