Buddy Ryan Passed Away This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy was easily my favorite Eagles coach

I know, I know. He didn't win enough regular season games. He didn't win any playoff games. It sucks, but I loved him anyway. He was like a member of the family.

Comment

IDK ... fucking Reid only needed to get religion about a legit number one WR sooner ... he had enough defense when Johnson was running it.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He was hands down the captain of the most entertaining era of Eagle football.

Comment

Great article by Roob about Buddy.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphi...ball-fun-again
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            IDK ... fucking Reid only needed to get religion about a legit number one WR sooner ... he had enough defense when Johnson was running it.
            Really Buddy might only have needed to get religion about a single player on offense as well. And Buddy never got the support from the owner that Reid ( FF) got

The Reid (FF) Area truly sucked. So much time and talent wasted, IMO. At least the Buddy Area was fun.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

That's when I became an Eagles fan. I remember watching as a kid and waiting for the offense to be done so I could watch the defense. Actually looked forward to the D being on the field. RIP
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I was a fan before Buddy but probably the most intimidating performance by any defense I ever saw was them against the Houston Oilers on MNF one year.

And I loved how they beat the living shit out of Phil Simms just about every game they played against the Vagiants.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  I was a fan before Buddy but probably the most intimidating performance by any defense I ever saw was them against the Houston Oilers on MNF one year.

And I loved how they beat the living shit out of Phil Simms just about every game they played against the Vagiants.
                  The Shuck and Duck game in the Astrodome...

Comment

Working...
                  X