Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lindros going to get the HOF call tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lindros going to get the HOF call tomorrow?

Every single player since 1945 that has been named MVP once has been elected to the HOF. Maybe the weakest class up for induction is this year. I have to believe he's gonna get the call. Based on numbers he matches both Cam Neely and Pavel Bure who are in. The biggest comparison would have to be with Forsberg. 6 pts separate their careers, and injuries cut short both of their careers. The 2 cups is the biggest difference. He was inducted in 2014.
    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
    Every single player since 1945 that has been named MVP once has been elected to the HOF. Maybe the weakest class up for induction is this year. I have to believe he's gonna get the call. Based on numbers he matches both Cam Neely and Pavel Bure who are in. The biggest comparison would have to be with Forsberg. 6 pts separate their careers, and injuries cut short both of their careers. The 2 cups is the biggest difference. He was inducted in 2014.
    He was a big enough figure and good enough player to deserve induction, IMO.

Also I don't think it would send a good message to deny a player like him who's career was cut short by concussions.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Probably not. The anti Flyer bias in Toronto and Montreal

kept Fred Shero out of the Hall of Fame until he was dead. Clarke and Barber were such no brainers that even those yutzes couldn't keep them out. Same with Parent.

Lindros was a dominant player, but Clarke fucked up their chances by not getting the team the goaltending that it needed. Without a ring, the fucktards in Toronto and Montreal can smugly thumb their noses at Lindros probably for a while longer.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Lindros changed what scouts were looking for. A player like him hadn't come along since maybe Jean Beliveau. Bigger than everyone, great skater, soft hands, and very physical. He is the mold for what players are today. Between his parents and himself I am not sure who was his biggest enemy. They dictated where he would play his Jr hockey when he was drafted by a team that was too far away from his family home as a 16 yr old. He refused to play for the Quebec Nordiques after they drafted him and when he got to Philadelphia his agent, his dad Carl, criticized how he was handled by team doctors and management. Great hockey player. Probably should be in the HOF on his career and playing ability, but do not discount how he thumbed his nose at the establishment. He was a very polarizing individual.

Robin Williams

Comment

voted in.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Sweet. My reverse jinx works yet again. Bwah
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              Sweet. My reverse jinx works yet again. Bwah
              Recchi, still not voted in. Ridiculous.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Rogie Vachon and Makarov in but no Recchi?!! Don't get that.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                  Recchi, still not voted in. Ridiculous.
                  I agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X