Buddy Ryan Passed Away This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Ryan Passed Away This Morning

Made the Eagles incredibly fun again. A Defensive Mind ahead of his time. Thanks for the great times Buddy.

RIP

Originally posted by Squire View Post
    Made the Eagles incredibly fun again. A Defensive Mind ahead of his time. Thanks for the great times Buddy.
    Great evaluator of D talent and very innovative as a DC.

Comment

NOT THE BEST HEAD COACH BUT BY FAR THE MOST FUN. GREAT DEFENSIVE MIND.

ALL 700 LEVEL, ALL THE TIME IN THAT MAN'S BLOOD.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

That the Eagles were posting 10 win seasons despite an owner wholly disinterested in winning football games shows you just how great a defensive coach Buddy Ryan truly was.

The Eagles literally went into battle every week with one arm tied behind their backs due to a cheap owner whose mind was on cutting costs and prepping the team for sale.
        Last edited by J_Cuz31; 06-28-2016, 10:36 AM.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Some of my Best memories as an Eagles fan

the Dallas Cowboys! who the hell are they>???! We beat them all the Time!

Ty Buddy,,,RIP!
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            the Dallas Cowboys! who the hell are they>???! We beat them all the Time!

Ty Buddy,,,RIP!
            I was going to post that quote. 1988, last game of the season, the day we (not they) clinched the NFC East in Texas Stadium (with some help from the Jets against the Giants).

Football was never so much fun.

Comment

RIP...

Architect of the 46 defense. Fingerprints are still all over todays NFL. RIP

Comment

Have thoroughly enjoyed the stroll down memory lane today on WIP, 97.5, and online articles.

Comment

How many players...

will call WIP and 97.5 and speak of their love for Rich Kotite? Or how that coach did so much for his career?

Listening to Singletary on ESPN was incredible. He was choking up and talking about how Buddy Ryan made him the player he was on the field and what an influence he was off the field to him.
                  Last edited by Loki; 06-28-2016, 05:29 PM.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

RIP Buddy

It was a mix of him and Randall that changed me from casual fan to die-hard. That D he put together was so fun to watch.

I am still haunted by one scene in the 30 for 30 about the '85 Bears...the one shot where Singletary was about to get in his car to leave and the angle of the camera showed Buddy in the background sitting in the passenger seat of his truck and you JUST KNEW that Mike was probably thinking this would be the last moment he would see his good friend and mentor. Chills.
                    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Rip Buddy!

Originally posted by Squire View Post
                      .....thanks for all the great times and memories!!
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Yea. The story about the D meeting before the Supe was incredible.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

RIP Buddy. You made me interested in Iggles football again.

At the time Buddy Ryan started coaching the Eagles, I was just out of college and living on Long Island. Wasn't really concerned about the Iggles at that point of my life.

Then I went back home to Delaware and watched the "Buddy Ryan Show" and I was hooked.

Probably the most fun era of Eagles' football during my lifetime, IMO.

The hatred and disdain of Dallas was intense. The defense put fear into the opposition. So did the Vet.

One can argue that the Andy Reid (FF) area was more successful, but to me there is NO WAY the Reid area was more fun for Igglephans.

Neither coach won a SB for the Birds but at least Buddy made it fun.

With Reid (FF), it was the same result year after year after year with the same result: No SB and a disappointing result in the final game to boot.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

RIP Buddy, despite bugging the fuck out of me

by not making offense enough of a priority.

That team should have won at least one Super Bowl ... other defenses may have been as good but I never saw a better one.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              by not making offense enough of a priority.

That team should have won at least one Super Bowl ... other defenses may have been as good but I never saw a better one.
                              Maybe if you could have paired Buddy and Reid (FF) together somehow you could have had a dynasty.

Instead, we got what we got.

There is no doubt that Buddy's teams were mere enjoyable for me.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X