Running back fix ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running back fix ---

This team will be in position to take the next step next year not this year.

Saquon Barkley would love to see the Eagles get him.

First post in some time. McNabb still and will always be a piece of dog shit.

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
    This team will be in position to take the next step next year not this year.

Saquon Barkley would love to see the Eagles get him.

First post in some time. McNabb still and will always be a piece of dog shit.
    they just need to lose another 14 games and they're set.

Comment

No kidding.. he's a top 3 pick if not the #1

I'm ok with mortgaging some players and picks for him though 👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

They don't have the ammo to get into the top three. Darrius Guice if you're lucky... but we won't be. I'd bet the farm it's going to be a lineman.

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Howie is going to draft some 5th rd stiff from Hurricane Irma University to be the featured back

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post

Horrible fucking idea.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

1. Have you seen Barkley play?

2. Have you seen this team be successful with later round RBs working out??

3. You are wrong

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                They don't have the ammo to get into the top three. Darrius Guice if you're lucky... but we won't be.
                Can Guice pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield? If he can't, he's useless to Doug.

On the one hand, you don't want to mortgage the future to get a RB, but, does anyone really trust Howie to both identify and then actually acquire a good back in the middle rounds? No, no one does. So, then you say, "well, I guess trading a bunch of picks to add Saquon is worth it when you consider he's can't miss and every other Howie pick will be can't not miss." However, they don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year, so they'll just be taking away some combos of their 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders in the following draft.

Then, you gotta wonder, even if Doug has a true star RB, will he use him correctly? I'm sorry, but, I don't think Doug cares if he has Peterson in his prime, he would abandon the run as soon as AP was stopped for no gain. He doesn't want to run the ball. Also, if the OL is blocking like it is, how good will any back really be? Peters' tank is on E. Johnson isn't the same player off the juice. Kelce blows unless he's pulling and running downfield. They've got issues there that they have to fix before any back really succeeds. Ask Todd Gurley how LA's poor line has helped him be the stud he was expected to be.

The personnel won't get better until the GM is different and even if the personnel did get better (by dumb luck, not by Howie making the right decision), the usage of that personnel won't get better until the coach is different.

EDIT TO ADD: I guess I'll give Pedey the benefit of the doubt and say that his pass happiness could change if the OL plays better, but, again, back to the lack of picks they currently have and then would lose to get a stud back...how do you really upgrade the OL without the picks to do it.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 09-18-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I've seen CJ Anderson outplay a top 5 RB.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    I've seen CJ Anderson outplay a top 5 RB.
                    I would love to see [insert star PSU player] in midnight green next year!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X