Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on one of my home computers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just upgraded to Windows 10 on one of my home computers.

It's funny how they avoided the name Windows 9.

Everything is fine, and there are some new features.. but how can you say that voice recognition and a "digital assistant" is anything new?

I like the interface so far. But I think the big thing on the MS end is that they are trying to get people to buy Windows phones. That is why they are giving up the OS upgrade for free. Truth be told it's not that different than Windows 8.1.

So I say ignore the hype... if what you have works you can keep that thing.

My guess is MS is trying to get some market share for something and then they will try to pull the rug out from under those who don't buy into their mode.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Thanx for the info IE

My plan has always been to do the upgrade a couple months before the freebie expires.

I've read that this is the last upgrade they plan for some time. Going forward Microsoft will keep this system and offer updates as necessary as they feel this has about all that will be needed.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Slate addresses privacy issues regarding Windows 10

http://www.slate.com/articles/techno...plug_them.html
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

My wife's laptop is causing her a lot of grief. I'm considering upgrading it to Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
        X