No announcement yet.

Confidential(c) to all brain dead "Chip's a racist" believers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plus the sledge dump the front office did on Jackson when they let him go for associating with gang elements.

Both of these matters fall primarily at the feet of Roseman.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      This plus the sledge dump the front office did on Jackson when they let him go for associating with gang elements.

Both of these matters fall primarily at the feet of Roseman.
      Yes, I don't see Kelly bothering with a smear campaign. Roseman learned that from his rat faced mentor.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Then you've got to be the happiest asshole on the planet

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
        ignorance is bliss
        Mr. Big Shot!

The country bumpkin wannabe.
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

ignorance is bliss
          Give some meat to your cryptic statements about insider knowledge. Don't name names but provide something more than I talk to guys and Chip's racist.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

snooze
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Here are 3 recent (in past month) conversations that I've had...

1. Conversation with prominent player on team: "Chip doesn't think of himself as racist, but the fact that he can't handle a player who defines himself through hip hop culture makes him racist."

2. Conversation with another prominent player on team: "Chip really only likes good old boy southern black guys on his team. Look at the roster. Its all 'aww shucks' guys. He can't deal with players who bring their homies along"

3. Conversation with FO exec: "Chip doesn't want anyone who operates away from his mind. DJax, Lesean...they just want to party... bottles and models and all that jazz. He wasn't gonna have that. " My response, "Well what about X, Y and Z player -- they party more than I've ever seen besides the Flyers guys. FO exec, "Well they are different."

Comment

Bwhaha.........you're a fucking ignorant toolbag.

1. Conversation with prominent player on team: "Chip doesn't think of himself as racist, but the fact that he can't handle a player who defines himself through hip hop culture makes him racist."

2. Conversation with another prominent player on team: "Chip really only likes good old boy southern black guys on his team. Look at the roster. Its all 'aww shucks' guys. He can't deal with players who bring their homies along"

3. Conversation with FO exec: "Chip doesn't want anyone who operates away from his mind. DJax, Lesean...they just want to party... bottles and models and all that jazz. He wasn't gonna have that. " My response, "Well what about X, Y and Z player -- they party more than I've ever seen besides the Flyers guys. FO exec, "Well they are different."
                "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I was weighing my options when you started talking about this subject.

I think Chip Kelly is a great coach, but he's flawed. And if 4 people who play for the team tell me in so many words that he is racist, then I'm gonna believe them. Or I could believe your arm chair analysis with zero access to any information

Comment

Maybe I'm missing it

I think Chip Kelly is a great coach, but he's flawed. And if 4 people who play for the team tell me in so many words that he is racist, then I'm gonna believe them. Or I could believe your arm chair analysis with zero access to any information
                    But none of those quotes say Chip is racist.
                    DB

Comment

Who are you fucking kidding?

If these jokers offered to sell you the Ben Franklin bridge you'd jump at the chance.

Your so called information is crap.....100% pure horseshit; but you're too fucking stupid to realize it.

Comment

Thanks for offering examples. Some of this I just see as Kelly being a control freak more than racially driven unless the argument is that certain racial-based culture inherently means less dedication to football. If that's the case (if), I still think it's the football dedication aspect he cares about.

1) Possible racism but also just possible disconnect. And what does defining oneself through hip-hop culture entail? Does it mean lots of partying? Does it mean self-branding? Does it mean neither of those?

Honestly, what's hip-hop culture in this discussion? If it constitutes things like partying, self-branding/aggrandizing, bringing along homies or an entourage into a work environment (or letting it affect the one's work) I don't see dislike of that as driven by racism but rather a me-first attitude over a team-first attitude.

If I'm totally off clarify what "hip-hop culture" means in this sense. I'm basing those examples of public behavior and personas of McCoy and Jackson - prominent players that I think "hip-hop" culture gets attributed to.

2) I don't disagree that there are racial undercurrents in how some people think black people "should behave" and that it's a problem of our society. The example you give though talks about guys who bring their homies. Bring them where? Does that mean involving them too much in their game prep? Does it mean caring more about life with their homies than playing football? Is that an authoritarian view, sure. I don't think that it is caused by racism.

Kelly seems to want guys that are nearly as focused on football as he is. There are players who are talented and may not be as focused as he'd like for their respective talent/cost. Why is it racism for him not to want those players? Again, that doesn't mean Kelly isn't inflexible as a coach, but racism seems like a stretch of that's the example.

3) I don't know who X, Y and Z player are. White players? Black players? If you're saying that white players get a pass compared to black players then it could be rooted in racism but I'd still want to know how it relates back to dedication to football.

There are a lot of "cultures". Hip-hop culture, hipster culture, hippie culture and others that don't begin with "hip" like business culture, redneck culture, stoner-culture, brony-culture, etc.

If those "cultures" take away from the level of investment a player (or any employee) that a coach (employer) expects - it doesn't mean racism or even cultural bias is the driving force. It's possible for people not to mesh because of differences that aren't rooted in racial bias even if it's a cultural conflict.

And (Warning: here comes the "I have a black friend" line) I'm a huge proponent of cultural/racial/ethnic/gender diversity. I embrace it, I enjoy it, I think there is much value in it. But I still recognize that certain behavior/interest/culture have advantages and disadvantages depending on the goal.

tl;dr
                        Perhaps there is a disconnect/conflict between the "culture" of some players and how it affects their investment into Kelly's vision of a team vs. their talent/cost. I don't think that necessarily means its driven by racism.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

You would disagree with anything I said so its not even worth speaking with you

Comment

Well, I don't think it is racism as we would normally define it. He wants a certain "type" of player (someone focused on football and not off the field endeavors, doesn't have an entourage, isn't out at the clubs all the time). Does a bias against certain behaviors that are typically (rightly or wrongly) associated with "hip hop culture" and African Americans make him a racist?

Seems to me it would be an option to try and understand that culture and relate to it in some way rather than simply write it off. I went berserk when McCoy made his comments and I think he is a grade A bag of dicks, but it is starting to look to me like there is a little more to it, even if it isn't overt racism.

At the end of the day, I suspect all will be well if they are winning, which, IMO, needs to happen this year (division plus a playoff game).
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-03-2015, 01:38 PM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

This is just opinions of people who are making their own implications.

You have the right to believe what you want, but I think it's damaging to be saying "Chip's racist" in a public forum based on this info.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

way less damaging than multiple players and media members saying it

Comment

Working...
                                X