Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip Kelly requires white

socks be worn by all players.

Malcom Jenkins: "At the same time, I do agree with him on a lot of things. Now there are some things that I disagree with Chip -- like we all have to wear white socks. I hate it. But if I have to choose wearing white socks or playing with another team, I’m going to wear white socks."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...spokesman.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Suck it up Malcolm...there's a reason it's called a Uniform.
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
      Was the conflict between Reid and T.O. regarding his desire to wear tights during practice the real reason things went south?
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
        There is a piece on ESPN where was a reporter was shadowing McCoy.
        In it the author states that LeSean McCoy really hated the white socks rule... and would even wear black socks during practice and put white tape over them!

Then later according to this author McCoy got the Chip Kelly religion and started wearing white socks exclusively.

Now to me I really don't care what color socks I have to wear. But in any case I wouldn't be surprised if this was what Jenkins was referring to. I don't think such a dress/uniform code is out of line.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...-espn-magazine

One other thing... I can see how being forced to wear monitors.. especially things like bracelets or anklets could rub people the wrong way.

Here's where I take a step back and observe. I can understand Kelly's desire to keep his players in tip top condition, but on the other hand I can see where thiis sort of thing can easily cause problems.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The uniform policy of the NFL states that players must wear a white sock from the shoe to the midpoint of the lower leg. I believe the league is lax when it comes to enforcing the code, though. A lot of players wear the white really low towards the ankle. In that link you provided, Shady is in perfect compliance during the snow game.

Comment

Working...
          X