Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles C Vandervelde Re-Signed; OL Smith Released

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...f-6c319571342e

I have a bad feeling the other Smith (NOT Brad) will be released after next season.

Comment

Exceeeelent!

I was wondering how he was doing...they brought him in and then Nothing.
      He has a back injury; they are tough on O linemen. He is a better backup than Molk,,for now he's just good Insurance. glad he's back
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Dumb.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Dumb.
          dude blows.

Comment

You don't know shit, nor do I.

He was drafted to be a project, and that's all he is right now.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

does it not irritate you that they drafted a "project" in the first round when they had (have) so many needs?

Comment

Irritates me, but I'll standby for a year or two before condemnation commences.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                  Irritates me, but I'll standby for a year or two before condemnation commences.
                  To take a project in the first round means they must think he will be a pro-bowler some day. Anything else is a complete waste of a 1st round pick in a year where your team has a legit shot to go deep into the playoffs.

Comment

A bit, but I'm not going to instantly write the dude off because he needs to learn the position.

You said it yourself - they think he's a pro bowler some day. It's not like they just ignored their needs on D. They're better.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                      does it not irritate you that they drafted a "project" in the first round when they had (have) so many needs?
                      Don't draft for need!

Don't draft someone you think will be great when you should have drafted for need!
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

They panicked and reached

for a perceived position of need. Next draft they need to go OL, DB, LB and potentially QB
                        DB

Comment

Where did you develop that rule?

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          To take a project in the first round means they must think he will be a pro-bowler some day. Anything else is a complete waste of a 1st round pick in a year where your team has a legit shot to go deep into the playoffs.
                          He is a 26th pick, look at the history of late first round picks...is the pro bowl list long there?
                          If he turns into a solid starter you win, but a pro bowler? Top ten pick, yeah, but not 26.
                          I think it was a mistake, but I bet Kelly won't make that kind of mistake again, but expecting anything from him until next year at least is a stretch at this point.
                          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            He is a 26th pick, look at the history of late first round picks...is the pro bowl list long there?
                            If he turns into a solid starter you win, but a pro bowler? Top ten pick, yeah, but not 26.
                            I think it was a mistake, but I bet Kelly won't make that kind of mistake again, but expecting anything from him until next year at least is a stretch at this point.
                            The logic comes from the fact that they had 2-3 positions of need in a year where they might just be a few players away from going deep into the playoffs (based on the 2013 season).

If you're going to take a project after a very successful season (with most of the same team returning), the move you make better be worth the risk...they took someone who wasn't even viewed as a first rounder to begin with.

Comment

You draft for long term, not this season. Judging him from 6 games, or even one season, is silly.

I know overreacting is your thing, but come the fuck on. If he is a solid starter in a couple of years, and plays at a relatively high level for 8 years or so, then it was a fine pick.
                              Last edited by common wealth; 10-14-2014, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X