Matt Patricia was indicted for sexual assault (rape) in 1996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Patricia was indicted for sexual assault (rape) in 1996

That’s not the image you want in the #metoo movement area, Detroit.

(Panic in Detroit...)

He went through a trial though.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-in-1996/amp/
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 05-10-2018, 08:00 AM. Reason: To add that he didn’t go through a trial

Someone close to me had his career ruined and almost his life ruined by a false accusation. Indicted, front page, the whole nine yards. DA and sheriff finally had to admit complainant was a filthy liar and that they had no other evidence. But you can’t erase what’s on the internet. I’d have bet my right arm on his innocence and that is not a hyperbole.

I feel sorry for Patricia.

Comment

He is toast. Doesn’t matter if it’s real or not the PR will be too much. I would be worried about losing Gym Shorts at this point but he already had his run with the Lions.

Comment

It’s a shame that happen to someone close to you. Horrible really. It’s nearly impossible to be whole from that kind of experience.

Comment

It’s certainly a PR nightmare for a male dominated industry.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
            He is toast. Doesn’t matter if it’s real or not the PR will be too much. I would be worried about losing Gym Shorts at this point but he already had his run with the Lions.
            I doubt hes toast, it didnt even go to trial. There are plenty of players who have been in the same situation and are still playing.

Comment

This is why rapists get away with it so often...

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              Someone close to me had his career ruined and almost his life ruined by a false accusation. Indicted, front page, the whole nine yards. DA and sheriff finally had to admit complainant was a filthy liar and that they had no other evidence. But you can’t erase what’s on the internet. I’d have bet my right arm on his innocence and that is not a hyperbole.

I feel sorry for Patricia.
              The 'false accusation' flag, maybe you do know someone who was accused but was determined innocent, that is in reality a rare occurrence. Women don't bring charges in many cases for two reasons, one, because it was too traumatic, and the other because the defense attorney will do everything to make them look like she asked for it.

Read these details RSE and ask yourself if you really think this is a smear campaign

More details have come out in the 1996 sexual assault case against new Lions coach Matt Patricia, specifically the makeup of the prosecution’s list of witnesses against the 43-year-old.

According to court documents obtained by the Detroit Free Press, the witness list included a nurse, doctor, police detective, police officer and college friend of the alleged victim. Accounts from the five helped lead to an indictment by a grand jury of Patricia and college friend Greg Dietrich on charges of aggravated sexual assault, but the charges were ultimately dismissed 10 months after the incident when the victim decided she couldn’t take the stress.

In The Detroit News’ story that brought the charges to light, Patricia and Dietrich were acccused by a 21-year-old college student of bursting into her hotel room and taking turns sexually assaulting her during spring break in 1996 at South Padre Island in Texas.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

No idea about the verity of the rape charge but I predict Patricia will be a bust.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                X