Correct Me If I’m Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Me If I’m Wrong

But didn’t the Rams play a Home Super Bowl after the 1979 season?

That Super Bowl was at the Rose Bowl and the Rams’ home stadium was the Coliseum.

Niners played Super Bowl XIX in Stanford Stadium which was like 40 minutes from Candlestick.

Those are the closest any team has come.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      But didn’t the Rams play a Home Super Bowl after the 1979 season?
      Sorta. The Rams played at the Coliseum. The Super Bowl was at the Rose Bowl. Hometown, but not home field.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        That Super Bowl was at the Rose Bowl and the Rams’ home stadium was the Coliseum.

Niners played Super Bowl XIX in Stanford Stadium which was like 40 minutes from Candlestick.

Those are the closest any team has come.
        And they are the closest any team will come, damn it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          And they are the closest any team will come, damn it.
          Which team is the official home team for the Super Bowl? NFC or AFC?

If it's that the AFC is home team and I'm the coach of the AFC team I say FU... yer using the visitors locker room.

Second I don't think either team controls the sound or in stadium announcer for a Super Bowl. That is the impression I got from the SB in Jacksonville.

Fans can make noise but it it is really mitigated by these factors. Plus half the people there aren't fans of either team... they just have money, fame or corporate connections.

If the Vikings beat the Eagles they will probably become the first team to lose a SB in their home stadium.

Best thing is the Eagles can make this a mute point. Go Bird Go!
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Which team is the official home team for the Super Bowl? NFC or AFC?

If it's that the AFC is home team and I'm the coach of the AFC team I say FU... yer using the visitors locker room.

Second I don't think either team controls the sound or in stadium announcer for a Super Bowl. That is the impression I got from the SB in Jacksonville.

Fans can make noise but it it is really mitigated by these factors. Plus half the people there aren't fans of either team... they just have money, fame or corporate connections.

If the Vikings beat the Eagles they will probably become the first team to lose a SB in their home stadium.

Best thing is the Eagles can make this a mute point. Go Bird Go!
            AFC is the "home team" this year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
              AFC is the "home team" this year.
              On the other hand they would have a definite advantage practicing at their home facilities.

But we have that advantage this week

Don't back down!
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
              X