Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Wentz scouting page I have seen

https://eaglesrewind.com/2016/04/17/...outing-report/

I understand the whole locking onto receivers thing but I also happened to notice "the faulty mechanic" plays highlighted just happened to be plays where wentz had pressure in his face and "the good mechanics" plays had a clean pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      I understand the whole locking onto receivers thing but I also happened to notice "the faulty mechanic" plays highlighted just happened to be plays where wentz had pressure in his face and "the good mechanics" plays had a clean pocket.
      I agree with that. That throw he made where his knee looked like it got snapped in half is one of the better throws I have seen. Shitty receiver dropped it, but that was a great throw.

Comment

Stupid Move

I watched the Wentz scouting report posted by phillyeagles36 and thought it was excellent and confirms why I think this was a dumb move by Howie to give up so much to move up to the #2 pick. I would much rather they had gone with Bradford this year, drafted Ezekiel Elliott with the #2 pick and drafted a QB with one of their third round picks. The Wentz pick has BUST written all over it. Locking onto receivers, long range inaccuracy and throwing only with his arm may have got him by opponents like the University of North Dakota and University of Northern Iowa but that shit ain't gonna fly in the NFL.
        Last edited by desertcogo; 04-29-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

The fact that he only played 1 year in high school and one and a half in college is actually encouraging to me because it means that he didn't have a ton of opportunity to work on this stuff. Also, I don't know a lot about the North Dakota State coaching staff, but I'm guessing that he wasn't being instructed by former NFL quarterbacks like he will be in Philly.

Comment

You mean those two illustrious former NFL quarterbacks in Philly? Wentz is no Andrew Luck, Cam Newton or Marcus Mariota and unworthy to be the #2 overall pick. He is a reach at #2. Ezekiel Elliott has been called the best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Bwah, a roach from key west. Tell me more

Comment

Because only prolific players make good coaches

Comment

One thing that stands out

is that the Kid has a gun for an arm,,,that's it,,He is just so pushing through his motion,,once he relaxes and moves his feet and steps into his throws,,especially the deep ones he should be ok,,Its a crap shoot but the fact they did trade so much to get this kid shows they are Idiots, not that I do not think Carson might be a good Qb one day.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                  X