brotherharv

Default Eagles Jags across the pond official

Home game for Jags

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20180111.html
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
bobbyuk

bobbyuk is an unknown quantity at this point

YES!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Several of us are going to buy a hospitality package over here.
bobbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:16 AM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "YES!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Several of us..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyuk View Post
YES!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Several of us are going to buy a hospitality package over here.
Well my wife has said she’d like to take a trip overseas, this could be epic. Another Eagles home game away from home in ‘18!!
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:23 AM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "YES!!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!! Several of us..."
Big Little

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I am down for a UK trip.

Any time frame on the game yet, probably not just checking?
Big Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:25 AM  
JuTMSY4

Default good for your Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyuk View Post
I guess it was bound to happen and it's good to turn a road game into a neutral field game. If they give us a date, then we'll know when the bye is (or we better).
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:36 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "good for your Bobby"
brotherharv

Default Don’t know if they’ll announce the date before April but..

For logistics it’d be cool if the league gave a early heads up on this
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM  
Posted in reply to Big Little's post starting "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am down for a UK..."
Corkey_for_President

Article I just read said date and times will be announced later today. Seems odd given the fact he schedule isn't even CLOSE to being done let alone announced. Who knows....
Unread 01-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #8
JuTMSY4

one team got screwed this year and didn't have a bye after their trip to the UK.
Unread 01-11-2018, 09:07 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "one team got screwed this year and..."
Corkey_for_President

Yup. Wanna bet it's US in 2018???
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
Overbrook
NOT AN ANIMAL!

Overbrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don’t know why this is so exciting to anyone

Just my opinion, but I see every one of these England/Mexico games as a giant “fuck you” to the fans.

The NFL has always been our game; why is it so important to export it to people who are nuts about futbal, a decidedly inferior sport. Just asshole Goodall attempting to create some kind of legacy other than worst commissioner ever.

As those of you who think it would be a great trip, I say it would be even a greater trip if you actually visited the country during your stay. There’s always the Linc back home to see an Iggles game.
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #11
JuTMSY4

eh, it's an away game in jacksonville. Would you rather go to Jacksonville or England?
Unread 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
SCREAMIN EAGLE

SCREAMIN EAGLE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbrook View Post
Just my opinion, but I see every one of these England/Mexico games as a giant “fuck you” to the fans.

The NFL has always been our game; why is it so important to export it to people who are nuts about futbal, a decidedly inferior sport. Just asshole Goodall attempting to create some kind of legacy other than worst commissioner ever.

As those of you who think it would be a great trip, I say it would be even a greater trip if you actually visited the country during your stay. There’s always the Linc back home to see an Iggles game.
Love the guy or hate him, he's turned the NFL from $10 billion to $20 billion per year in revenue generated, and it's still climbing. I can't stand the guy be he gets the job done for what he was hired for and that is making money for the league.
SCREAMIN EAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2018, 11:04 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "eh, it's an away game in jacksonville. ..."
Susquehanna Birder

I've been to Jacksonville. I don't feel an urge to go back.

I haven't been to London, and it's on my bucket list. This seems like a good excuse to participate in a fun road experience while also seeing places that I have always wanted to see. And I expect to do some sightseeing while I'm in the area.
Unread 01-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #14
TerpEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbrook View Post

America First!
Unread 01-11-2018, 12:57 PM  
Susquehanna Birder

Bobby, can you explain what the hospitality thing includes versus a regular ticket?
Unread 01-11-2018, 01:45 PM  
Posted in reply to Susquehanna Birder's post starting "Bobby, can you explain what the..."
bobbyuk

First let me answer a few questions you guys brought up—
1. The game is either Oct 21 or 28.
2. NO team got screwed out of their bye week. It was left up to the teams if they wanted a bye week after the trip. One team chose not to have their bye then.
3. I know OB you hate the idea but just like basketball ;the Sixers are here tonight playing the Celtics) and hockey , our football is being globalised. They do have an American football league over here. London has 3 teams in it. Sean Payton used to QB the Leicester team long ago.
4. If any of you come over I would be glad to show you around London if youve never been. We could get around much cheaper than taking one of those tour buses!!!

Birder, the hospitality package is your own private entrance to the suite, seats on the 50, drinks for 3 hours before the game, and one hour after. You have a cold buffet before the game and both a cold and hit buffet at halftime. You get a visit from some former players—Cecil Martin was over here in week 17. You get a collector’s edition game pass, and a program. That’s the basic hospitality package. There’s an upgraded one that includes a champagne reception before the game.

Last edited by bobbyuk; 01-11-2018 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 01-11-2018, 02:32 PM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "First let me answer a few questions you..."
Susquehanna Birder

Interesting. Sounds pricey. I might rather just tailgate (or whatever is acceptable) and sit in the stands with the other animals.
Unread 01-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #18
bobbyuk

It is. The basic package is about $500 and the upgraded package about $680. They have a 2 game deal that goes about $1000. They have a huge tailgate section. This past season I went to see the Browns-Vikings at Twickenham and it was awesome. On the streets leading to the stadium they had food stalls and places hawking NFL merchandise. I will make one suggestion to anyone coming over. Try and get rooms in either a Travelodge or Premier Inn. Those are the only 2 places that charge per room per night. Everywhere else charges per person, per room per night.
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:15 PM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "It is. The basic package is about $500..."
Susquehanna Birder

Thanks for the advice. So the hospitality thing comes with a ticket? Or does it just cover the extra amenities?

Is the tailgate section something that only the hospitality folks can access?

Sorry to be so clueless...
Unread 01-11-2018, 03:48 PM  
Posted in reply to bobbyuk's post starting "It is. The basic package is about $500..."
RSE
Señor Counsel

May I recommend

http://www.durrantshotel.co.uk/

I was out to dinner in London and hailed a taxi back to the hotel. He asked where I was going. I told him Durrant's. He said "oh, you mean Fawlty Towers." True, very true.