Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was going through your head during the SB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the difference between Howie and Doug are geniuses and the jury's still out.

That's pro sports ... get in contention ... then get the bounces.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I drank so much beer in such a short period of time due to my nerves (19 to be exact). I watched the game in my office with the door shut pounding beers like there was no tomorrow. I isolated myself from everybody that night to avoid any nonsensical distractions. I really didn't enjoy the game until the final play. I was a drunken nervous mess. I almost stopped watching but the beer kept me in front of the TV.

There's only one thing that made me think this long shot was possible. Fucking Bettor X. Once I saw this article, I honestly thought there was a chance. I didn't want to mention it and jinx it so I kept it to myself.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...delphia-eagles

Comment

I watched this at 3AM the night before, and had a “holy shit, we’re really this good” moment.

Last edited by The Duck; 03-20-2018, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          One particular thing that went through my head that day, although I wasn't thinking about once the game started ... when I saw that the manager of DD had the ED displayed in the rack behind the counter ... my immediate thought was "We're gonna win the Super Bowl"
          You can't imagine how glad I am that you decided to go to Phila. for the game and stopped off at the DD.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I had similar thoughts as everyone here during the game.

When the game ended, my thoughts went to my wife. She was always as big of an Eagles as me. We used to go to one game a year with her two sons. One of them died in an accident shortly after The Linc opened. After his death, every day was a struggle (still is to a degree -- but time does help). After he initially passed, the only time she seemed to really be able to escape the pain was when she was watching The Eagles. This lead to our purchase of SBLs and our now 8 (this year 10) mini-vacations to PHL each year. As great as all those trips were, the end of each season still hurt (as you all know).

When I saw the clock hit zero, ball on ground and no flags I looked at her on the other side of the room (I was pacing like others have said), I saw the tears and knew they were driven by multiple sources. I hugged and kissed her and wept myself....

I also reflected on how lucky I was to live long enough to see the game. I had a pretty serious health scare myself in 2015 (all OK now; knock on wood).

We then got shitfaced on wine and watch the celebration on Broad being streamed by Channel 3. She eventually dozed off. I got on the computer, came here and said F it, I'm going to make a post again....
            Last edited by Cosmo; 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM.
            Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

It’s like having your first child.

Your world changes forever. You are more complete. You are different than you were yesterday and will be until the end of your days. You never thought you could be this happy, and you’ve never experienced happiness like it. You always wondered, what if; now you know.

God willing, you will have more. They will all be special, and you will love everyone of them. But there is nothing like the first one, never will be.

Comment

yeah, no one really talks about this. just goes to show how many things have to happen for a team to win a SB.

i think julio would have been out of bounds anyway. really we're lucky that steve sarkisian is the falcons OC. i have no idea what he was thinking on those 4 plays. a QB sprint out on 4th and goal from the 2? that is FF-style. as soon as ryan had to come off his initial read you knew that play would end in disaster (for them).

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  It is amazing. Julio Jones mistimes his leap — if it weren’t for that we’d be talking draft.
                  They would have had a pretty good chance of coming back getting the winning or tying field goal with a minute left, even with no timeouts.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                    It’s like having your first child.

Your world changes forever. You are more complete. You are different than you were yesterday and will be until the end of your days. You never thought you could be this happy, and you’ve never experienced happiness like it. You always wondered, what if; now you know.

God willing, you will have more. They will all be special, and you will love everyone of them. But there is nothing like the first one, never will be.
                    If there's a repeat, I'm going to view as having twins. And I'm going to cry all over again.

Comment

Anxious but always optimistic. Never thought they were out of it.

I was detoxing in Feb which made it interesting. No alcohol. Was drunk out of my mind in 2004. Maybe that was the difference?
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                      X