It's very possible that BDN has asked to be traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's very possible that BDN has asked to be traded

You gotta think he wants to strike while the iron is hot- both competitively and businesswise.

Now, everybody wins if he stays quiet and publicly embraces the idea of remaining in Philly, while the Eagles claim they are fine with keeping him as a backup. After all, the Eagles can play possum with other teams during the negotiating process while Foles loses none of his post Super Bowl shine with the local media and fan base.

The whole situation reminds me of when Brady took over for Bledsoe and then the Patriots had to trade Bledsoe. I think, at the time, Belichick stated that they had to trade him because teams couldnt keep two starting quarterbacks in this day and age.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

I think it's highly likely. Foles wants to play football, he wants to lead a team. Waiting a year to become a free agent doesn't make any sense for him. Fortunes can (and do) change dramatically in one year's time.

Keeping him after that playoff performance is a pipe dream.

Comment

Then again...

He likes the city, the team, the franchise, and the coach.
      He's repeatedly said that he only wants to play for certain guys like FF and Pedey.
      He has nothing to prove.
      He is being paid well.

If Howie can figure out a way to extend Foles, keep him happy with a nice bonus, and save some cap space, it's a win for everybody.

Foles doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would risk going to a bad situation just so he can be the BMOC. The only places I could see him looking to go are ones with coaches he knows, like FF and Reich. And in both KC and Indy, the QB future is fairly well established - not altogether different from what the Eagles have.

Comment

Wouldn't it be hard to keep a story like that from getting out to the media?

Comment

I agree....the guy has life options

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          Then again...

He's repeatedly said that he only wants to play for certain guys like FF and Pedey.
          He has nothing to prove.
          He is being paid well.

If Howie can figure out a way to extend Foles, keep him happy with a nice bonus, and save some cap space, it's a win for everybody.

Foles doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would risk going to a bad situation just so he can be the BMOC. The only places I could see him looking to go are ones with coaches he knows, like FF and Reich. And in both KC and Indy, the QB future is fairly well established - not altogether different from what the Eagles
          have.
          And appears to have his personal priorities....seems to value being happy/family over chasing the $$$ and prestige.

It’s possible he wants out but I wouldnt bet against it.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
            Then again...

He has nothing to prove.
            He is being paid well.

Foles doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would risk going to a bad situation just so he can be the BMOC. The only places I could see him looking to go are ones with coaches he knows, like FF and Reich. And in both KC and Indy, the QB future is fairly well established - not altogether different from what the Eagles have.
            Played behind the best O Line in the league, there’s something to be said for chemistry, I never believed that until this season, I have a feeling if Foles gets dealt, it might be penthouse to the outhouse for him, there’s a moment during the celebration where he goes over to Big V and thanks him for keeping him clean all game. I’d love nothing more for Foles to retire here, but if Arizona gets desperate and offers their pick at 15, the sentiment has to go out the window, this is so fucking tough, doing right by Foles as well as the future of the SB Champs.

Comment

At this point, a move to 15 doesn't have a lot of value if they are concerned about only being able to go BPA at 32. And if it's pick quantity they want, Howie could probably deal #32 and #130 (or #132) to recoup a mid-round pick in rounds 2 and 3 without having to send Foles to a potential nightmare in Arizona.

Comment

i don't think arizona would be a nightmare. it might even border by on doing foles a favor by sending him to a team that's not that bad. i'd worry about trading him in-conference but for #15, it would be a no brainer.

Comment

POTENTIAL nightmare. Certainly a crap shoot. New head coach. Aging #1 WR.

(Edited to add: And your QB coach would be none other than Byron Leftwich.)
                  Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 03-07-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Assuming Byron Leftwich is a bad coach because he was only a backup when he played in the NFL is like assuming Doug Pederson is a bad coach beca....

And yeah, Arizona is hardly a nightmare scenario given the defense and running back situation there.

Nick Foles knows this and so does Kirk Cousins.
                    Last edited by J_Cuz31; 03-07-2018, 04:20 PM.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I'm not saying that Leftwich would be bad. I'm suggesting that he's not necessarily a known quantity for a guy like Foles.

Comment

FOLES HAS EARNED

Whatever he wants! I don't give a rats butt what anyone says. He won us a freakin' superbowl. You ask him what he wants and you give it to him short of starting for us. He can stay and have the same role he had this year, or we'll trade him wherever he would like to go. Heck, if he asked to be released, I'd probably say, "What day?" He WON US A FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL!! Give the man WHATEVER he wants... He is a God in Philly forever!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X