Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back for THE game (phew!). Have you ever.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be well, J

I had tachycardia many years ago and I know how scary that can be. After every test there is, they chalked mine up to stress. My mother was in the hospital, Lisa was pregnant with Brad, I was losing my job, and we just bought our first house. I was in my 20’s.

Comment

Glad you are back and doing well!

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
      ridden in the back of an ambulance? Really strange. Made me feel like I was in some kind of movie. Maybe a Hannibal Lechter flick. I had this overwhelming urge to grab a scalpel, slash the throats of the three EMT's, cut the straps holding me to the gurney, and then escaping out the back door of the moving van.

On second thought, maybe not such a good idea, as they were trying hard to help me through this little episode. So I gave my body up to them. A couple days in the hospital for observation, and I'm good to go.

At least no one told me that I've got to remain calm and not get too excited. Don't think that was happening.

When the doctor came to say I was ok to be sent home, I replied with a smile, "Of course Doc, never a motherfucking doubt baby!"

So now......................E-A-G-L-E-S.....EAGLES!!!!!

Eagles!

Comment

Yikes

Glad things turned out ok
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Scary shit

ridden in the back of an ambulance? Really strange. Made me feel like I was in some kind of movie. Maybe a Hannibal Lechter flick. I had this overwhelming urge to grab a scalpel, slash the throats of the three EMT's, cut the straps holding me to the gurney, and then escaping out the back door of the moving van.

On second thought, maybe not such a good idea, as they were trying hard to help me through this little episode. So I gave my body up to them. A couple days in the hospital for observation, and I'm good to go.

At least no one told me that I've got to remain calm and not get too excited. Don't think that was happening.

When the doctor came to say I was ok to be sent home, I replied with a smile, "Of course Doc, never a motherfucking doubt baby!"

Glad you’re okay OB!

Comment

Normal heartbeat is around 90, mine was sustained around 200.

Treatment is a shot that in effect stops, then re-starts your heart. Thankfully, it worked just fine. Now I've 2 new pills to take each day.

If only for a moment, it did cross my mind that this would be one fucked up time to die (is there a good time?), a couple days before Philedelphia finally wins a Super Bowl.
            Try to relax, we need all IGGLEPHANS tonight.

Comment

Glad you're ok. Go birds!!!
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Jayzus

Glad you’re ok enough to watch at home. Dim jr and I just took off for minny that shithole.
                DB

Comment

Good meds for the BP. On lisinopril myself. And I feel you with the heartbeat. I enjoy the occasional afib bout, and it's no fun. Even after a (minor) surgical procedure, stress still causes it to pop up.

Hope you stay normal now (well, they rhythm anyway).

Comment

Sorry to hear J. I woukd have made that special visit. I know all about back of ambo. As former emt firefighter. Try doing cpr and taking blood presure, and all tgat stuff. I has a kid code on me, with mother in back. That's not a good mix. I brought him back. But glad your ok my friend.

Comment

No, no, no.....

You will NOT miss this game, got dammit ! Glad you’re well, my friend. All the best to you and the misses.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Glad you're okay, you old bastard.

Grasmanis, 106 points.

Comment

Hey man glad everything is ok brother - take it easy and don't get that heart rate up too much tonight! Rest up my man!

Comment

Working...
                          X