Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone not cry when when they won it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone not cry when when they won it?

I did not, and was very surprised. I think I was in disbelief. When the Phils won in 2008 I cried like a pussy. Just years and years of adult frustration all released at once.

I thought for sure I would ball if the Eagles won it. I think it took me a while to process it...

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    I did not, and was very surprised. I think I was in disbelief. When the Phils won in 2008 I cried like a pussy. Just years and years of adult frustration all released at once.

I thought for sure I would ball if the Eagles won it. I think it took me a while to process it...
    Just the opposite for me, Phils I was stunned, when that Hail Mary hit the turf 3 weeks ago, I simply lost it because I truly started to doubt I’d ever see it.

Comment

I walked outside, listened to the fireworks going off, thought of my dad, and cried like a little kid.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
        Just the opposite for me, Phils I was stunned, when that Hail Mary hit the turf 3 weeks ago, I simply lost it because I truly started to doubt I’d ever see it.
        It took me a good 15 seconds to realize the game was over. I think if Darby would have made that pick a play before, I would have lost it

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
          I walked outside, listened to the fireworks going off, thought of my dad, and cried like a little kid.
          I'm from Western Pa, but was in Philly on business last week. I visited my Grandmother's grave in Ft Washington, and was so surprised, or maybe not really, at all the Eagles Super Bowl banners placed on graves

Comment

I had a delayed reaction.. Took about 20 to 30 seconds to sink in that the game was actually over and we won the yes I did shed some tears

Comment

I didn't. The ending was surreal

Between Darby dropping the pick and Graham having a free run and whiffing on the last play... initially I think I was happier after the strip sack it took awhile for it to wash over me.

Comment

i'm in the same boat. i didn't cry and i was surprised. i did get chills and teared up a little listening to kelce's speech.

i think things were too tense for me to cry. at the beginning of the game my nerves were out of control. for the whole 4th quarter, i made a decision not get too emotionally invested in any one moment. on the 4th and 1, the last FG, and the hail mary, i was really just holding my breath.

if we had gotten the first down after the strip-sack, if brandom graham had sacked brady on the last play, or maybe if we had just gotten the two points after the ertz TD i may have lost it. instead i just held my breath for the hail mary to hit the ground. it was surreal once it happened, then i went out for the best night ever on broad st.
                Last edited by art vandelay; 02-26-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I didn't.

I went to hug a friend of mine but I think he wasn't fully aware of what just happened for a moment. That was pure joy.

Now when I rewatch some of this stuff I get a little weepy from time to time.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I did not. My 9 year old son was in my arms for the last drive and I was living through his experience. Vicariously I guess. I was 10 for super bowl 15 and I was seeing it through his eyes.

Comment

No tears. Pure disbelief for me.

I was waiting for a PI flag, didn't see one.

Saw the clock was at zero, said to my wife, "we won" in a calm disbelieving tone.

It still feels like a dream.

2005, I cried like I lost a loved one.
                      Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Havent cried yet. Thought I would but its been pure joy
                        WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Good to see I have company as I didn't cry when the ball hit the turf on the final play but I ALMOST broke down twice several minutes afterwards when the reality started to settle in.

I fully expected to cry like a little bitch but it never happened. I got misty-eyed for days afterwards while watching the game highlights and the fan celebrations but overall I kept it together somehow.

It still feels surreal to me, no question about it.

Comment

SHIT I WAS BALLIN ON CBEAGLE'S SHOULDER LIKE A SLOBBERING FOOL.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Kids did, I did. Lot of memories watching games with my grandparents washed over me. It was a nice mixture of pure joy, gratefulness that my kids don’t have to carry the burden of “no rings” their entire lives, etc.

I still get emotional watching the end. It’s surreal.
                              Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-27-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X