Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They wouldn't trade Brandon Graham... would they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They wouldn't trade Brandon Graham... would they?

I look at him more like a cornerstone with cox and Jenkins.

I would hope not. Without him, they become kind of thin at DE (unless Barnett has a breakout year).

With Bennett and Long probably gone after this year, they need to draft a DE early anyway.

Comment

After winning the Super Bowl, I can't see them getting cute here. Let your free agents walk, dump Curry and restructure a deal or two. I'm ok if they don't extend him. I have faith that players want to come here so they will have plenty of options to fill in the gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        I would be shocked. To me Curry and Beau Allen are the guys out.

Comment

I'd assume they'd keep curry if Graham was traded so I don't think depth would be an issue. Maybe Howie can't get it done with Graham on an extension and curry takes a cut.

Comment

HOPE NOT. WANT THAT DUDE ON THIS TEAM. HE WAS SLOW TO START, WHEN IGGS GOT HIM, BUT MAN DID HE COME ON LAST TWO YEARS.

WANT BLOUNT TOO. WAS TALKIN WITH TRENT ABOUT BLOUNT. HE REMINDS ME OF OLD SCHOOL FULL BACKS. RIGGINS, CZONKA ETC. NEED THAT POWER, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY BULLDOZER BACK.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 03-11-2018, 10:03 AM.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Not with Long waffling now

I'd assume they'd keep curry if Graham was traded so I don't think depth would be an issue. Maybe Howie can't get it done with Graham on an extension and curry takes a cut.
              Saying he is "working some things out now" and debating whether he should move on to his next (presumably non-football) challenge.

Comment

you're right, they'd keep curry in that case. it would just be a weird swap. trade your very good 30-year old DE and keep your average 30-year old DE. all of a sudden you're relying on 32-year old michael bennett as opposed to him being a complement to graham. replacing your best DE with a guy who's older and worse.

i think they need to go DE fairly early just because of how old they are there. of course that will be easier if they get a pick or two for foles...
                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-11-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I could see Howie swapping ones with the niners including Graham in the trade. I don't think Howie is going to give a lucrative extension to a player in his 30's

Comment

No I do not see that BUT Graham has got to stop with this NEW DEAL wanna get paid shit, he still has one year left on his current deal and they have zero cap space now. He could hold out if he does not get a new deal.

Comment

I actually think trading graham makes a lot of sense right now if you can do it. The other team would need to give him a new deal though, so I'm not sure the deal will look as good as it should be a SB hero.

Also, the prices of D-ends are way down.

Comment

I completely disagree

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                        I actually think trading graham makes a lot of sense right now if you can do it. The other team would need to give him a new deal though, so I'm not sure the deal will look as good as it should be a SB hero.

Also, the prices of D-ends are way down.
                        Graham has plenty of tread left on the tires after playing his entire career in a rotation, and having more than a season of due to injury. So he's not your typical 30 year old DE.

A new deal for him is not to break the bank, but more to reward him for being underpaid ($6.5 million!) the last two seasons and get some cap relief by way of signing bonus.

When Olivier Vernon is making $17 million a season and JPP and Campbell make $15 per season, DEs are not low cost.

Comment

and those are bad contracts

Originally posted by Pete View Post

When Olivier Vernon is making $17 million a season and JPP and Campbell make $15 per season, DEs are not low cost.
                          And they're actually not far away from what Fletch is making. Barnett was picked on purpose. I'm not sure Graham is back here at age 31

Maybe I'm gunshy from watching the phils spend on aging talent 10 years ago, but you do need to be a little ruthless here.

Comment

Jeff Kerr of 247 Sports writes the 49ers are very interested in trading for Graham. Maybe that’s why Howie traded for Bennett. They both can rush from inside or outside and they both play the run well.

Comment

Working...
                            X