Kelly showing no respect for Foles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    If I've learned anything, it's that taking Petty in the 4th round means he better be the next Tom Brady or else it's considered a major failure on Chip's part.

Supposedly Petty didn't look too good on Day 1 at the Senior Bowl, maybe he drops even more?
    the problem that the experts have with petty is that he was a system qb...and not very accurate as a system qb.

from what I've seen in games he looked pretty dynamic and looks fairly mobile and has a decent arm...but that's what I've seen.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Chip now steers the boat. So, we will sink or swim with him regardless of our opinions as to what he should do.. I'm in the "stick with Foles and strengthen the D" camp. Others want MM no matter who/what the Eagles need to give up to get him.. Nothing wrong with different opinions. But, when you draft a QB, you do so with the thought that he will be a starter some day..whether he's a # 1 or #4. A good pick is a good pick. A mistake is a mistake. The result of an MM mistake would put us in Redskin territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        Under normal circumstances, I would say bailing on a guy who had a great season two years ago would be premature, but at the same time, it's all about Chip.

We're all in with Chip. If we're ok with him changing practice schedules, the style of offense, the defense run etc etc we have to be ok with him getting his guy if he wants him.

You don't hire a guy like Chip Kelly and tell him he can do some stuff and not everything. Is that setting us up for major failure? Odds are, yeah, but we gotta let him do his thing as football czar as he sees fit.

Again, that being said, Foles should get a chance to prove that it was last year that was the fluke and not 2013, but it's Chipper's call.
        I agree with this. I'm not saying that Mariota is a sure fire hall of fame QB under Kelly. There's obviously a lot of risk involved in drafting him, let alone trading players/picks to draft him.

But, if we're all in with Kelly (and I am) I think it's entirely reasonable for the Eagles in investigate acquiring Mariota. Maybe they end up deciding it's too expensive, maybe not. But, we're talking about the ideal candidate (without actually seeing him play in the NFL for 5 years) to be the QB of the Eagles.

Young, talented, smart, poised, knows the system, excelled in college against good competition, etc. He's considered by many (not just Kelly or his supporters) to be one of if not the drop QB in the draft.

The "give Foles another year" plan meets its strongest argument with Mariota because he's an exception to pretty much any other QB candidate the Eagles could acquire this year.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

so because eli

Originally posted by slag View Post
          What he's not an exception to is the notion that you don't bail at this stage.
          Played like a retard, was qb of the team that won the two luckiest bull Shit super bowls in recent history, that means that teams should hang on to a quarterback who also looks retarded (but unlike manning plays in an offense that is a complete mismatch for his skill set)?

Comment

What he's not an exception to is the notion that you don't bail at this stage.
            One of the differences with Eli is that he was drafted by the Giants the same year they hired Coughlin. He was chosen by the current coaching and personnel management.

Foles was drafted by Reid/Roseman, neither of whom are in charge of personnel for the Eagles anymore. Kelly didn't hand-pick Foles to run his offense. He was given him primarily because he was a cheap player who management has interest in. Kelly didn't choose for him to be his starter but had to play him because Vick got hurt.

Let's not pretend that Foles was chosen by the current people in charge to be the guy and we as fans (or the FO) aren't giving him enough time. He was most likely a stop gap from the start and his play exceeded everyone's expectations.

Now that his level of play fell off (and he suffered additional injuries) it's ridiculous for the Eagles (Kelly) to consider getting the guy who could be the most likely to succeed in their offense?
            Last edited by TerpEagle; 01-21-2015, 03:31 PM.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

I'm with you. FUCKA Mariota at the cost he will command. No way I'd give up all those picks to go up for a guy who isn't a natural passer.

If he falls into the teens maybe i'd do it, but, I honestly don't think he is going to be a great QB in the pros.

Comment

Ok ... the Vagiants win two Super Bowls and Manning's the MVP of both and he's a retard who lucked out?

And Wilson didn't Sunday, right?

EDITED TO ADD: And I hate the Vagiants more than you do. Believe it.
                Last edited by slag; 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Call WIP.

They'll be impressed ... I'm not.

Foles has done more than enough to merit starting ... I don't give a fuck who drafted him.
                  Last edited by slag; 01-21-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Foles can play basketball pretty well. He's more than athletic enough to move in the pocket. His mechanics got off. Not a unique thing to happen to a young QB. He missed Jackson combined with a banged up line. Not surprising Foles developed some bad habits.

Expectations for him are still incomplete in my opinion. I think the birds would be in good shape if they signed an FA WR who has burner's speed to replace what D Jax brought to the game. A guy who can actually make a big play once in a while too, to keep the defense backpedaling. Not just a decoy. But those guys usually come with an inflated ego and some 'tude. Just the sort that Harry can't deal with.

Comment

Call WIP.

They'll be impressed ... I'm not.

Foles has done more than enough to merit starting ... I don't give a fuck who drafted him.
                      If the Mariota falls to the teens and the Eagles only have to give up a 2nd round pick you'd still say no thanks?
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Tough decision for me ... the only thing that makes me consider it is that the Eagles have the potential to fuck up those two picks on defense anyway.

Comment

Ok ... the Vagiants win two Super Bowls and Manning's the MVP of both and he's a retard who lucked out?

And Wilson didn't Sunday, right?

EDITED TO ADD: And I hate the Vagiants more than you do. Believe it.

You're all over the fucking place. Yeah Wilson has a monster defense and he got lucky? What the fuck is your point? The eagles aren't going to have a defense like the Seahawks. And yeah, those two superbowl runs and wins involved some of the luckiest Shit I've ever seen in my life, and I definitely don't hate the giants as much as you. It's the bums I don't care for.

Comment

The thing I like about Foles he that he has that intangible "winner" quality. No matter how bad he plays (and he played pretty bad this season) he seems to either come up big when it matters or at least keep the team in the game. What's the most they've lost a game by with him starting? A touchdown? I don't know, I think there is something to that.

I'm down to give him another year rather than mortgage the entire franchise on Mariota. The front 7 is legit good. Fix the secondary and Foles might have enough to carry the offense.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's ridiculous that we're talking about Manning as a comparison to Foles.

The Giants gave Manning a LOOOOONG rope because 1) they gave up a lot to draft him and 2) his last name is Manning which is like NFL royalty for marketing and exposure.

Foles was a third round pick by the previous decision makers who's had one good-great half-season and one mediocre half season ended by injury. It's ridiculous to compare his situation to Manning's as if he should be protected and the Eagles shouldn't at least consider other options.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

OH SHIT THE IDIOT BRIGADE WILL WHINE ABOUT MM ALL OFF SEASON.

Comment

Working...
                                X