Seeing the downside of the Jernigan deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing the downside of the Jernigan deal

While I think they got a solid contributor to the DL, I'm also a little worried that there is such a long wait between picks 43 and 99. They had a pretty good spot in the top half of the third round, and the choices would have been a lot easier. Now they have to grab the best fit on the second, and then hope that the others on their laundry list makes it all the way to the end of the third.

The Eagles did a good job in the later rounds last year

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
    While I think they got a solid contributor to the DL, I'm also a little worried that there is such a long wait between picks 43 and 99. They had a pretty good spot in the top half of the third round, and the choices would have been a lot easier. Now they have to grab the best fit on the second, and then hope that the others on their laundry list makes it all the way to the end of the third.
    So far from what we can tell.

I agree they have to earn their salary again at the bottom of the 3rd but there will be some RBs there.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      I think Jernigan is part of the reason they went with Barnett. Jernigan is going into the last year of his rookie contract and they'll be wanting to re-sign him. They'll have a lot of money tied up in DTs, plus they're paying Cox and Curry (and that's not looking like a great deal, he could be gone after the season).

They're gonna need cheap production from the DL going forward.

Comment

Working...
      X