IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 01-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Eagles Should Just Forfeit The Game

Why show up and risk injury for next season? Everyone thinks they have no chance, national and local. Carson Wentz is Tom Brady and Joe Montana all wrapped up into one. That game he had in Seattle had me convinced without him they can't win shit. I agree with the pundits they were a shoo in to win the Super Bowl with Wentz just like Green Bay with Rodgers the last 5 years. Make other plans Saturday at 4:30 and don't even waste your time. Sell your tickets to a Falcons fan.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2
JuTMSY4

too Sarcastic for peak Anthony...

B-
JuTMSY4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me get this straight.

Your obvious sarcastic jab is based on the logic that fans and media should have more faith in the Eagles (and the Packers) because the impact of superstar quarterbacks is overblown?

Last edited by slag; 01-10-2018 at 09:26 AM. Reason: grammar error
slag is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
Anthony

I think it's absolutely ridiculous for anyone to say the Eagles would have not just gone to but 100% win the Super Bowl with Wentz at QB. Are they better with Wentz over Foles? Absolutely. Do they win? I doubt it especially against New England. My argument with Rodgers is you need the rest of your team to be good as well. It's not all the QB. Its Defense too. Rodgers is a beast and Wentz hasn't even gotten to his level yet and he hasn't won in 7 seasons now.
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
RSE
Señor Counsel

And when you sell your tickets you can come back here and gloat about it, right?
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "I think it's absolutely ridiculous for..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

logical post. but this season was the strongest feeling i had ever had about an eagles squad winning the SB.

in 04 the eagles were a shoo-in to make the SB, even without TO, but i never realistically thought they could beat NE. this year was a bit different. the NFC was strong, but i thought that if they won two home games (which they're good at doing), then they would beat the pats or steelers. weak year for the AFC.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:55 AM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "And when you sell your tickets you can..."
D Leff

D Leff is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to D Leff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSE View Post
And when you sell your tickets you can come back here and gloat about it, right?
Impolite.
D Leff is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #8
Anthony

Look at Ron Jaworski in 1980 Playoffs:

44/105 for 41.9% Completion percentage. 2 TD's 7 INT's. 13 yards per completion.

They still got to the Super Bowl as a favorite with this horrendous quarterbacking from an MVP candidate. I remember he sucked those 2 home games. Wilbert carried them and the D.
Unread 01-10-2018, 09:57 AM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "And when you sell your tickets you can..."
Anthony

That's when my dad got Alzheimers.

Quote:
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:12 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "logical post. but this season was the..."
Corkey_for_President

I disagree. 04 felt magical. This feels like lighting in a bottle (with Wentz). Hell, most folks didn't even predict PLAYOFFS!!?? (Mora) let alone a SB. 04 felt like we'd FINALLY get ALL THE WAY over the hump, including the SB. Even with Wentz, I never felt SB was a sure thing.
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #11
JuTMSY4

Default with 2016 Wentz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
I disagree. 04 felt magical. This feels like lighting in a bottle (with Wentz). Hell, most folks didn't even predict PLAYOFFS!!?? (Mora) let alone a SB. 04 felt like we'd FINALLY get ALL THE WAY over the hump, including the SB. Even with Wentz, I never felt SB was a sure thing.
We had the question of whether he could take a leap in 2017. He did. Halfway through the season, when Wentz looked legit (and hopefully continues to) and the rest of the NFC was okay and the AFC was Pitt, NE and hot garbage, this Eagles team looked the most promising of any team we've ever seen.
JuTMSY4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:26 AM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "I think it's absolutely ridiculous for..."
Snakebitten

There's a reason Wentz was the MVP this year. Once he went down, the season was over. The defense is not the level you need to carry a Nick Foles. Sure, you can take the 'Any Given Sunday' approach and maybe pull an upset in one game but let's not go crazy here. If you don't think the MVP could have beaten the Patriots this year, you haven't been paying attention. All Wentz needs is a good defense not a great one. Foles needs a great defense. To discount what the MVP brings to this team is strange. I don't get it.
Snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:29 AM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "That's when my dad got Alzheimers."
RSE
Señor Counsel

Let me preface this by saying I cared for an Alzheimer's patient daily for three years until he died. Fed, clothed, bathed, walked him, took him to doctors and hospitals, all of it. i understand the disease as well as anyone here. It sucks and it is a lousy break for your father. You have a tough road and you have my sympathy, empathy and best wishes.

That being said, your father got Alzheimer's fifteen years ago?
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:32 AM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "Look at Ron Jaworski in 1980 Playoffs:..."
EagleFanInMD

I sold my tickets. I'm not going to waste my money on this. I coukd be hunting and doing other stuff. So screw it. Why bother making the trip.
EagleFanInMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:44 AM  
Posted in reply to EagleFanInMD's post starting "I sold my tickets. I'm not going to..."
Overbrook
NOT AN ANIMAL!

Overbrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excellent! Come over the my house on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
I sold my tickets. I'm not going to waste my money on this. I coukd be hunting and doing other stuff. So screw it. Why bother making the trip.
I just got a new pottery wheel!
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #16
3rd & Inches

2004 felt like it was our SB to lose that season. This year was fucking awesome but unexpected. I think we will win this Saturday and go to the SB. I don’t think a Foles led team can beat Pitt. they can beat anybody else.
500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.
3rd & Inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 10:52 AM  
Posted in reply to RSE's post starting "Let me preface this by saying I cared..."
Anthony

No in 2010. Started as Dementia.

Quote:
Let me preface this by saying I cared for an Alzheimer's patient daily for three years until he died. Fed, clothed, bathed, walked him, took him to doctors and hospitals, all of it. i understand the disease as well as anyone here. It sucks and it is a lousy break for your father. You have a tough road and you have my sympathy, empathy and best wishes.

That being said, your father got Alzheimer's fifteen years ago?
Unread 01-10-2018, 11:27 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "with 2016 Wentz"
Corkey_for_President

I get your point, but to me it never felt like we'd rise above even with Wentz playing at MVP level. There's still the matter of the AFC, regardless of which team makes it. In '04, the missing link (T.O.) came in and we pounded the shit out of everyone (from the very first preseason snap, if you remember that bomb to T.O.). Felt unbeatable - and SHOULD have been - except for the matters of cheating and choking...
Unread 01-10-2018, 11:41 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post "with 2016 Wentz"
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

agreed. i thought this was a borderline playoff team, but wentz's development wasn't a shocker. it happened faster than i thought it would, but he had already shown the potential to become a franchise QB. definitely wouldn't call this season lightning in a bottle.

in 04 we had the best team in a joke of a conference. we had to beat the 8-8 vikings and a mike vick-led falcons team to reach the SB. even without TO that was a ridiculously easy draw. but the regular season game against pittsburgh showed us what we looked like against a real AFC team. 04 felt like our year to finally reach the SB, but not to win it.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
Mr. Triple Dip

Mr. Triple Dip is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Triple Dip

Just wanna say I do not like this new side of you, yet anyway. If they win Saturday - you might be onto something here.
Mr. Triple Dip is offline   Reply With Quote