Wentz vs Foles the numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wentz vs Foles the numbers

Alot closer than you think, with Foles with the better numbers...

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...oser-you-think

Interesting. Wentz is obviously the franchise but Foles has always had the clutch factor in big games that most qb’s don’t have even some big name ones. Even going back to 2013 he handed the defense a lead against Brees. On the biggest stage he outdueled the best qb ever when Schwartz defense decided not to show up except for BG.
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Couple of things to consider, Foles never had a training camp, never played with the number 1 guys till Wentz went down with only 3 games left, looked sluggish in a couple of games early on, and I think that was because he was trying to run a Wentz style offense.

Once they let Nick say what he wanted and had the bye week to gel, it all came together. The bottom line is this, Nick has a VERY understated nature about himself and his play, his composure in that SB game was unreal he's the real deal. just isn't flashy.

Bottom line is they are both great QB's but they definitely have somewhat different styles in different situations, Wentz is somewhat of a gambler, pull it down and take off,create something, Foles is a super accurate pocket passer that sees the whole field, personally I think he throws one of the nicest spirals in the league.

I dont remember a single comment on him missing this guy that was wide open.

Comment

you can name him

Originally posted by royal View Post
        but Foles has always had the clutch factor in big games that most qb’s don’t have even some big name ones.
        we know it's McNabb

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          I dont remember a single comment on him missing this guy that was wide open.
          He missed Ertz wide open in the Atlanta game, but you saw Ryan do the same. Guessing it was the wind.

We got a #1 and a #4 for Sleeves. What the hell would Foles bring us?

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            He missed Ertz wide open in the Atlanta game, but you saw Ryan do the same. Guessing it was the wind.

We got a #1 and a #4 for Sleeves. What the hell would Foles bring us?

I know what you are saying Dev, but I really hate to see him go unless it's something that he wants, there isn't a team in the league that has a better 1-2 qb setup than the iggs.

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
              Interesting. Wentz is obviously the franchise but Foles has always had the clutch factor in big games that most qb’s don’t have even some big name ones. Even going back to 2013 he handed the defense a lead against Brees. On the biggest stage he outdueled the best qb ever when Schwartz defense decided not to show up except for BG.
              Then it's settled. We have Foles start the season until Wentz is ready. Then Wentz plays and wins all the regular season games. We switch over back to Foles for the Playoffs and Superbowl win. After we are ahead by 30 points or so, Wentz can play the last quarter. Sounds like a plan!!!!

Comment

The Eagles have two elite quarterbacks.

This is beyond question.
                that settles it. both are elite.

seriously though, i disagree with the idea that people are downplaying foles's success just because they like wentz. i know foles's numbers are better, but the majority of wentz's numbers are still from his rookie season. most of foles's numbers are a carry-over from playing in chip's QB-friendly system.

i just think it's likely that wentz will continue to look like his second-year self, while nick foles looks like a joe flacco-type.

Comment

Agreed. I still think Wentz is an elite talent. You can debate whether or not Foles is "elite" but however you slice it, he's a championship talent and that doesn't grow on trees either.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                    Agreed. I still think Wentz is an elite talent. You can debate whether or not Foles is "elite" but however you slice it, he's a championship talent and that doesn't grow on trees either.
                    Wentz is an elite talent. He's what luck should be. Only issue is the other knee now because the risk goes up for blowing out the other ACL.. Foles won a super bowl and performed awesome. Wentz is the better talent though...by a good bit.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
                    X