Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St.Louis Police Demand Apology From The NFL, St. Louis Rams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
    You missed the entire point of Francessa's argument (remember, it wasn't mine, I just said it seemed to make sense). He said when players are in uniform (again what they do off the field should be held to a different standard), they shouldn't engage in a protest or other such behavior that will offend a large percentage of their fans.
    You said this:
    Francessa said on their own time they can take whatever stand they want but when in football uniform they should stand for all Rams fans (i.e. those pro and against the cops in this case), and not take sides. Seemed to make sense to me
    ---

Again, if they're standing for all Rams fans why are certain stands (prayer being the most common) ok and others (protest/acknowledgement of social issues that don't include pink loves) not?

The argument is based around "this is a touchy subject so let's pretend it doesn't exist", not representation of the fans.

And that's fine. It is football and some people dont want political statements in sports. But fortunately, they do happen and raise awareness.
    Last edited by TerpEagle; 12-02-2014, 12:33 AM.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Yeah, it is nothing like this at all. A Cowboys fan would never be in my living room. The Police want an apology from the players. The players are employed by the Rams, not the Police. They owe the Police nothing. What I find particularly disgusting is that the Police now say they have received an apology, when in reality they haven't.

Comment

It's so out of character

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        Yeah, it is nothing like this at all. A Cowboys fan would never be in my living room. The Police want an apology from the players. The players are employed by the Rams, not the Police. They owe the Police nothing. What I find particularly disgusting is that the Police now say they have received an apology, when in reality they haven't.
        for pigs to blatantly lie like that..

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          How do you know that the reality is that they have not received an apology? Only the people present in that conversation know the truth and truth can often be interpreted different ways.

Hypothetical, I wonder what would happen should a person approach Kenny Britt with his hands up and say repeated and derogatory remarks about a family member of his? I wonder if Kenny Britt or any of these players would take a passive approach to this? As someone said he should be doing public service announcements for police rather than protests based on his number of arrests without incident.

Kenny Britt arrested AGAIN

Posted by Mike Florio on June 9, 2011, 1:42 PM EST

Kenny BrittAP
          Just as the days without an arrest meter was inching toward 20, a familiar name has sent it back to double zero.

Titans receiver Kenny Britt, only a day after pleading guilty to reduced charges arising from an April car chase-and-park-and-walk-away-nonchalantly, was arrested in New Jersey on two counts of resisting arrest.

Per the Newark Star-Ledger, the criminal complaint states that Britt “did purposely prevent or attempt to prevent a public servant from lawfully performing an official function by means of force or violence, specifically by refusing to open your hand when ordered to do so then pulling your hand away.” He also allegedly used his body “to push away from the officers” and allegedly pulled away his arm “while not allowing the officers to handcuff” him.

It’s unclear why the police — narcotics officers in Hoboken — were trying to arrest Britt.

Wildly talented but also wildly erratic, Britt likely would have been better off heading to Tennessee to work out with teammates. Indeed, Britt’s dad previously said that he wanted to see Kenny leave New Jersey and go back to Nashville.

“[M]y concern is not with Kenny, per se, it’s more with Kenny’s friends, and he knows that,” Britt’s father said. “He has too many friends with too much free time. He needs to be around more positive people.”

At his current pace, Britt eventually will be around a lot of exclusively negative people. All of whom will be completely positive about their own innocence.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthewalrus View Post
            Are they going to run out onto the field with hammers next week?

http://abc7.com/news/police-man-beat...ammers/416778/
            Just curious, what does that have to do with this at all? That it was near St. Louis?

Comment

do you realize that in both those stories that suspects were arrested and will likely be prosecuted?

Hey, maybe Brown wouldn't have attacked Wilson and gotten himself killed in the first place if he didn't hate whitey so much. THAT's the conversation on race we need to be having.
              Say What??? Please elaborate! I can't wait to hear you start that conversation.
              Last edited by udontknowme; 12-02-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Since I have refrained from getting into this thread, I will just leave this here, just thought it an interesting take on these situations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpsQwl_19M4

Comment

I've noticed that your politics have changed over the years. Not a criticism, just an observation.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Yeah I noticed this too

I thought "Iamawalrus" was a flaming lib not too long ago. Methinks "Iamawalrus" is a shit-stitting persona of a regular
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

It happens when you've got an open mind.
                      “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” Winston Churchill

Comment

Like I said, not a criticism.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

How does politics even enter this topic? Not a slam against you in particular... I just notice that politics pops up every where.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            How does politics even enter this topic? Not a slam against you in particular... I just notice that politics pops up every where.
                            Agreed. It's very bizarre. This old black/white (not referring to race) scope on how people think is very strange to me

Myself, I thought Zimmerman was guilty, I thought Wilson was not guilty, yet I can understand the general tone of the protest.

The thing that bothers me is this narrative that "good black people" somehow need to answer for the "bad blacks".

Every school shooting in the past however many years has been a white guy. No one mentions that they are white....they are just crazy

Crazy riots happened at "Pumpkinfest" in New Hampshire and at at Huntington Beach.
                            No one said fucking BOO. No one was called an animal. White people were not asked why their people were doing this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/19/us/new...iot/index.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...729-story.html

Comment

No, but

I'll bet you'd be outraged as fuck if someone used the word nigs. Hope I don't get banned for pointing out this hypocrisy
                              I don't see how "pigs" can be compared to "nigs" or any other variation of N*gger.

Comment

Working...
                              X