Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't see it

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    Foles has proven he can win. Sanchez is a fucking bum.
    Both games the D couldn't get off the field.
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Sanchez isn't ... you don't know whether Foles is or not.

EDITED TO ADD: Nor does anyone else.
      Last edited by slag; 12-08-2014, 01:03 AM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Foles makes a difference today ... Sanchez was butt fumble Sanchez.

At the game I thought he looked like he didn't want to be out there.

Comment

The defense played well enough to win today.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            Foles has proven he can win. Sanchez is a fucking bum.
            Foles is a way better Qb than Sanchez and I hope he is back soon.

Comment

They would have had a better shot with Foles yesterday, definitely. No way they could have hung with GB though, regardless of who played QB.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Foles makes a difference today ... Sanchez was butt fumble Sanchez.

At the game I thought he looked like he didn't want to be out there.
                I dont see it. Foles was the lowest rated QB in the league before he got hurt. He's fine if you can keep him clean but a lot of quarterbacks are. He clearly doesn't have great mobility. Top quarterbacks generally do not regress in their development. The Eagles can get to the playoffs with Foles or Sanchez but they're going out early.

The Eagles could use a young McNabb.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Maybe

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  They would have had a better shot with Foles yesterday, definitely. No way they could have hung with GB though, regardless of who played QB.
                  But that shady fumble to start the second half was a killer. And there was no running game
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    I dont see it. Foles was the lowest rated QB in the league before he got hurt. He's fine if you can keep him clean but a lot of quarterbacks are. He clearly doesn't have great mobility. Top quarterbacks generally do not regress in their development. The Eagles can get to the playoffs with Foles or Sanchez but they're going out early.

The Eagles could use a young McNabb.
                    Finally someone making sense in this thread. How quickly we forget how it was with Mr. Backpedal.

Comment

Really?

Quarterbacks don't regress in their second year?

Uh huh

Manufacture a young McNabb instead of continuing to develop a guy who had the top rating the year before he played with "who's that" and "whatshisname" on his offensive line?

Good idea

Comment

Like you're forgetting he was playing behind "whothefuckishe?" on his line?

Or the year before when he was the golden boy?

Good memory there.
                        Last edited by slag; 12-08-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I wish I shared your optimism on Foles, and maybe he still is the guy going forward, but I just don't see it anymore.

Yes, he played behind a shit line, but once you develop the bad habit of backpedaling and seeing pressure even if it's not there, it's hard to work your way out of it.

Foles was never the most gifted QB to begin with. He was succeeding because of not turning the ball over and playing sound football. If his mechanics and his head are completely fucked up, it's over for him.

I hope it was all just being more hurt than we knew and that when he's fully healthy he becomes "the guy" again, but he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before getting beat down in that Skins game either.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Like you're forgetting he was playing behind "whothefuckishe?" on his line?

Or the year before when he was the golden boy?

Good memory there.
                            The golden boy who led us to a first round home playoff loss to the shitty ass Saints with a completely healthy OL? Foles' ceiling is a lot lower than you think it is.

Comment

You don't see it?

Based on what?

It's over for him?

Based on what?

In the LIMITED viewing of Foles and my more extensive viewing of Sanchez ... I'm comfortable saying Foles has more talent.

Don't turn that into me making a sweeping declaration about Foles being the man ... because, unlike you, I know that I haven't seen enough of him to determine what he is yet ... except more talented than Sanchez.

Comment

PS - I misread something you wrote ... you don't appear to have made up your mind completely either.

My bad ... sorry.

BTW - One thing that isn't a physical talent is that Foles plays better from behind than Sanchez. I'm more optimistic with him down late in a game than Sanchez any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X