Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick Sherman says Iggs miss DJax tremendously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    Sanchez is a prototypical backup qb. If they move on from Foles, I'd be fine with Sanchez as the #2 for a while.
    Yup. Sanchez works as the backup.

The conundrum with Foles is that somebody will pay him to start. Should the Eagles commit big bucks to a guy who doesn't appear (to me) to have the optimum skill set for Kelly's offense?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      I think they do miss Jackson in games like Sunday's

Having said that, I'm not sure I have confidence in Sanchez ability to throw a deep ball so having him available to stretch the field may not have made a difference.

It would have been interesting to see him and Maclin on the field at the same time.
      It's possible, but I'm honestly not sure how much difference Jackson makes on this roster. All year, up to and including Sunday, guys have been getting open and the QBs have either not seen them or missed the throws badly. And as you note, I'm not sure having Jackson helps Sanchez with his deep passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Yup. Sanchez works as the backup.

The conundrum with Foles is that somebody will pay him to start. Should the Eagles commit big bucks to a guy who doesn't appear (to me) to have the optimum skill set for Kelly's offense?
        I realize also that his injuries the last few years have been unrelated, but at this point I think it's fair to question Foles' durability, as well. Maybe he plays lights out down the stretch, but I doubt it. Even if he did, it seems more and more likely to me Kelly's drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds. I think Foles is the starter in 2015 but just too many questions around him to not investigate alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Having said that, I'm not sure I have confidence in Sanchez ability to throw a deep ball so having him available to stretch the field may not have made a difference
          To be fair, Foles ability to connect on long balls suffered significantly this year without Desean
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I turned on Harry over this move. Great players are too rare to just cut them over philosophy and personality. Harry prefers the personality of Riley Cooper who seems like a redneck asshole to me. One with pedestrian talent. Chip likes a certain type of asshole. An urban black asshole doesn't fit the mold but a racist redneck one does.

Kelly's "culture" routine is bullshit. He's a hypocrite. And don't be surprised when he bails on Philly in a year or so. The NFL is too hard. You can't win with "culture". When he finally figures that out, he's back to school. This guy is not the sort to set roots anywhere.

Comment

Considering all your posts about how Harry sucked starting around the time that he was hired, I'm surprised you ever "turned" on him.

Comment

So you're ok---

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                I turned on Harry over this move. Great players are too rare to just cut them over philosophy and personality. Harry prefers the personality of Riley Cooper who seems like a redneck asshole to me. One with pedestrian talent. Chip likes a certain type of asshole. An urban black asshole doesn't fit the mold but a racist redneck one does.

Kelly's "culture" routine is bullshit. He's a hypocrite. And don't be surprised when he bails on Philly in a year or so. The NFL is too hard. You can't win with "culture". When he finally figures that out, he's back to school. This guy is not the sort to set roots anywhere.
                With a player who doesn't give two shits about the team, whether they win or lose, as long as he gets his stats and his money? Because that's the player Jackson was while he was in Philly, especially the last 2-3 seasons. Why do you think no player really stood up for him when he was cut? Last year in the seasons, what last 5 games, he had less than 60 yards in all but one--and I'm pretty sure if Keenan Lewis doesn't give himself a concussion going for the big hit in the playoff game, Jackson gets shut out.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                  With a player who doesn't give two shits about the team, whether they win or lose, as long as he gets his stats and his money? Because that's the player Jackson was while he was in Philly, especially the last 2-3 seasons. Why do you think no player really stood up for him when he was cut? Last year in the seasons, what last 5 games, he had less than 60 yards in all but one--and I'm pretty sure if Keenan Lewis doesn't give himself a concussion going for the big hit in the playoff game, Jackson gets shut out.
                  Jason Avant stood up for him. got booted out of town because of it. People like you want to believe your own made up, fantasy narrative that was birthed by the eagles own inside smear campaign aided by media sock puppets. Plenty of players spoke up in his defense on the record when asked. Only anonymous cowards said the negative things. Even WR coach Bicknell said the stories about Jackson were bullshit... On the record. But you'll conveniently ignore anything that doesn't fit the narrative.

Get ready for the next smear campaign against Shady McCoy.

Comment

Chip Kelly is putting his players' lives at risk by practicing with R/C cars.

Comment

Shady is a redneck

Goes hunting with Cole all the time. He fits in
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                        With a player who doesn't give two shits about the team, whether they win or lose, as long as he gets his stats and his money?
                        Coop says that player is Maclin.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Shurmer said so as well
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Hahaha. The fact that Avant has now been cut by two teams this year couldn't be because he's an aging WR who never was very good and has managed 13 TDs in 8 seasons!!

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              Hahaha. The fact that Avant has now been cut by two teams this year couldn't be because he's an aging WR who never was very good and has managed 13 TDs in 8 seasons!!
                              In truth, he's been cut because due to a larger conspiracy in which any player that supports DJax will eventually be given his walking papers. Sherman is next.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

I wonder if Reffypoo realized Avant supported Riley Cooper.
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X