No announcement yet.

Confidential to blame-assigners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He injured his hand at the end of his rookie season and missed a game?

Then he missed one more game under the new concussion protocols?

That's your history lesson?

Hahahahaha
    Last edited by slag; 12-16-2014, 03:48 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
      Name better backup QBs out there. Seriously, list them.
      Better than Sanchez? Here's a couple.

Kyle Orton

Tannenhill/Moore

Vick.....glad he is gone but better back up.

Brian Hoyer

Matt Hassleback

Chad Henne

Mat Schwab

Kirk Cousins

Matt Flynn

Christian Ponder

Derek Anderson

Drew Stanton

Comment

ChrisChristie'sPenis.... worst list ever
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
          Better than Sanchez? Here's a couple.

Kyle Orton (A Starting QB)

Tannenhill/Moore (ok)

Vick.....glad he is gone but better back up. (Disagree)

Brian Hoyer (A Starting QB at beginning of the season)

Matt Hassleback (Ok)

Chad Henne (A Starting QB at beginning of the season)

Mat Schwab (no)

Kirk Cousins (no)

Matt Flynn (ok)

Christian Ponder (no)

Derek Anderson (ok)

Drew Stanton (ok)
          So 5 out of 32....got it.

Comment

And I see that Brian Dawkins agrees

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...nse-dez-bryant

Comment

Agreed. I've heard multiple people blame the corners, but it's not all on them. The 07 Giants had horrendous corners but they had such a great pass rush that it didn't matter. Our corners shut down Dez Bryant on Thanksgiving, but for one reason or another got burned on Sunday. Mabye it was the lack of pass rush, maybe it was that Billy Davis didn't blitz enough to create a pass rush, maybe it was because it's just hard for sub-par corners to shut down a great receiver twice in three weeks.

But yeah, a lot of it does come back to Chip. His two worst coaching moments were the SF and Arizona games, the latter of which is THE game that will keep us out of the playoffs.

Comment

Yep he does

"Also, it's not just on the coaches, according to Dawkins.

"When you talk and communicate in the secondary," Dawkins said, "you can do things above and beyond the game plan."

Dawkins referenced his days facing Hall of Fame wideout Michael Irvin and the Cowboys. Dawkins said, no matter what the game plan or scheme, he was always cognizant of Ivrin, shading toward his side. And that didn't leave the opposite cornerback blinded. Dawkins said he would often tap his thigh to inform Troy Vincent that he's going to help Bobby Taylor, allowing Taylor to be more aggressive in coverage and not worry about the deep ball.

"Your best player is not going to beat me on defense. I don't care who it is. Your best player will not beat me. Period," Dawkins said. "And it's not just about the defensive coordinator, I'm talking about the players communicating with one another, that this situation, if it comes around again, I'd be doggone if this dude — he's not going to beat us. Somebody else might. But he's definitely not going to beat us."

Comment

Ha ... you're comparing Nate fucking Allen to Dawkins on any phase of football?

Comment

No

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Ha ... you're comparing Nate fucking Allen to Dawkins on any phase of football?
                    Just saying, as was dawk, that you can't just blame Davis and give the shit players a pass.

Comment

Please ... Dawkins was calling Davis a fucking moron and then backing off a little to be nice.

You're blaming the Bumpuses dogs for being dogs instead of Ralphie's parents for leaving the door open and the turkey on the table.

Comment

No it's more like

You're blaming the red rider bb gun for shooting Ralphie's eye out

Comment

what? ... if anything you're blaming the gun and I'm blaming Ralphie.

Comment

oh come on... I'm blaming Ralphie and you're blaming Mr. Parker

ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                              Name better backup QBs out there. Seriously, list them.

Matt Flynn is pretty good in GB

Jason Campbell is better than Sanchez - played on some bad teams, but he's better.

Otherwise a shitshow.

That's 2, if you agree. Not an overwhelming number.

I bet you could come up with 8 starters Sanchez is better than, that's how bad it is out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                                It's amazing how far the've come with one of the worst secondaries in the NFL and injured starting "QBs" on offense and defense.
                                True; also, Davis' scheme tends to leave the corners exposed. It is a big-play defense. When the pass rush is effective, they create their share of big plays. When it doesn't, they are vulnerable to giving up big plays.

The weakness at linebacker probably makes Davis pick his poison. If he doesn't help the LBs in coverage he'll get picked apart by RBs and TEs. Do you remember when previous D. Coordinators used to get killed by TEs.

If they had one stud corner, the defense would be so much better.

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                                Not even considering the positions that could stand to be upgraded, they have plenty of terrible should-be-backups starting -

At CB1, CB2, SS, ILB, RG, and WR2 to name a few…
                                Last year the Eagles were one of the healthiest teams in the league. We had to expect that to change this year. They also got lucky that Romo was not healthy for the last game of the regular season last year.

With all of this they still have a half-decent chance to make the playoffs. Sanchez and the mediocre Eagles receiving corps torched Dallas in the first meeting. What is Andrew Luck going to do to them?

Comment

Working...
                                X