Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St.Louis Police Demand Apology From The NFL, St. Louis Rams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St.Louis Police Demand Apology From The NFL, St. Louis Rams.

...for protest gesture.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ure/ar-BBgb8w0

They SHOULD apologize.
    Whenever a police officer tells you to get off the street and walk on the sidewalk, you get off the street and walk on the sidewalk - at least, until he leaves.

Comment

As a longtime WVU fan I'm particularly disappointed in Tavon and Stedman.

Comment

Lehighton weighs in

Originally posted by John S View Post
        They SHOULD apologize.
        Whenever a police officer tells you to get off the street and walk on the sidewalk, you get off the street and walk on the sidewalk - at least, until he leaves.
        Myself, I'm a proponent of free speech. They can make whatever protest (as long as it's lawful) they want, but they need to be willing to take the heat for it. No difference between this and people taking heat from the PC police for doing something. Okay to say whatever you want, but don't act all surprised when people react to it.

DQ you sh!t stirrer.

DB
        DB

Comment

Easy topic

They are employees representing their employer and if the employer either approves in advance or by inaction then the employer faces the backlash of the public if its unacceptable. NFL is too big for free market to be affected in an instance like this but I am sure fans can force a reaction if they are vocal enough. If I owned a business I would not want my employees wearing my brand supporting one side or the other of a highly controversial subject.

Comment

Truth

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
            They are employees representing their employer and if the employer either approves in advance or by inaction then the employer faces the backlash of the public if its unacceptable. NFL is too big for free market to be affected in an instance like this but I am sure fans can force a reaction if they are vocal enough. If I owned a business I would not want my employees wearing my brand supporting one side or the other of a highly controversial subject.
            I wondered whether the CBA prohibits John Carlos type protests.
            DB

Comment

This is what I thought about when I read it

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
              I wondered whether the CBA prohibits John Carlos type protests.
              Good for these athletes to show some balls and actually try to make a stand. Jeff Roorda is almost as loose of a cannon than the officers he so vehemently supports. No apology is needed, and I hope the players refuse to do so.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                Good for these athletes to show some balls and actually try to make a stand. Jeff Roorda is almost as loose of a cannon than the officers he so vehemently supports. No apology is needed, and I hope the players refuse to do so.
                "But I think that no matter how smart, people usually see what they're already looking for, that's all"

Veronica Roth

And to paraphrase for Eagle in Ohio "No matter what facts come out I will continue to believe only the facts I want to believe so I can be right"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                  I was shocked Roorda took time from falsifying evidence or lying under investigation to make a statement of any kind.
                  Originally posted by 3rd & Inches
                  Don't type mad.

Comment

bullshit

Originally posted by John S View Post
                    They SHOULD apologize.
                    they have nothing to apologize for. Last time I checked we had a first amendment.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

This is not 1st Amendment

Nobody is challenging their right to express their views as per the 1st Amendment. The issue is whether they should be able to use this forum without repercussions. I will make this simple. Its similar to a Cowboys coming into your living room and bragging and boasting about the Cowboys and you kicking him out. Would you allow him to stay if he said it was his Freedom of Speech?

Same goes at work. If you give a speech as a representative of your employer whether directly or through failure to correct a mistake you do have consequences for your behavior.

This is the Duck Dynasty Argument all over again. Or Chick-fil-a expressing his beliefs on gays. They have the right and consumers have the right to boycott them.

Comment

repercussions dont require an apology

Nobody is challenging their right to express their views as per the 1st Amendment. The issue is whether they should be able to use this forum without repercussions. I will make this simple. Its similar to a Cowboys coming into your living room and bragging and boasting about the Cowboys and you kicking him out. Would you allow him to stay if he said it was his Freedom of Speech?

Same goes at work. If you give a speech as a representative of your employer whether directly or through failure to correct a mistake you do have consequences for your behavior.

This is the Duck Dynasty Argument all over again. Or Chick-fil-a expressing his beliefs on gays. They have the right and consumers have the right to boycott them.
                        repercussions yes...forced apology no way.
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by stealth_rhino View Post
                          I was shocked Roorda took time from falsifying evidence or lying under investigation to make a statement of any kind.
                          not the guy you'd really want heading your cause if I was a cop.

Comment

Then fire them

...that is the repercussion, but a forced apology is bullshit.....and the next time some one complains about professional players needing to set a morale example for young people, blah blah blah, then they can look up the work hypocrisy.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                              ...that is the repercussion, but a forced apology is bullshit.....and the next time some one complains about professional players needing to set a morale example for young people, blah blah blah, then they can look up the work hypocrisy.
                              Isn't a forced apology always bullshit? That is common though that someone does something stupid and then we get the forced apology.

Comment

Working...
                              X