Bill Burr's perspective on Brady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Burr's perspective on Brady

in reaction to dropping that pass, as well as his take on Philly Special, is pretty fuckin' funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfr6A5BQfY0
    Last edited by slag; 02-11-2018, 09:24 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

interesting he thinks collinsworth was annoying about bias as well..
    World Fucking Champions

Comment

LMAO
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'm not sure it was bias as much as the failure by Collinsworth to recognize that he saw NE run the same play earlier.

The shit that had me lol was when he said Brady shows his age when he runs and that it made Burr think he could "d up on him"

Burr's a pisser ... he's done a couple of Netflix specials that had me laughing so hard I had to wipe my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          I'm not sure it was bias as much as the failure by Collinsworth to recognize that he saw NE run the same play earlier.

The shit that had me lol was when he said Brady shows his age when he runs and that it made Burr think he could "d up on him"

Burr's a pisser ... he's done a couple of Netflix specials that had me laughing so hard I had to wipe my eyes.
          Probably my favorite active comic. He did a riff on Philadelphia fans (years ago) that was hilarious. I really wish he would ditch his wife on the podcast tho, she’s annoying.

Comment

The two key plays on the TDs by(Ertz ect) the Eagles, Collinsworth showed his bias against it

Comment

a) What does that have to do with Burr's schtick?

b) I have a little different view of Collinsworth ... because I think he had good reason to be confused considering what the NFL did all year in defining a catch.

I did not agree with his comparison of Ertz to the play in Pittsburg with James, because Ertz took two clear steps before diving.

However, I was worried about both reviews (more Clement than Ertz) because of the way the NFL had fucked up the criteria for a catch all year ... and Collinsworth's bafflement reflected my concern.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                Probably my favorite active comic. He did a riff on Philadelphia fans (years ago) that was hilarious. I really wish he would ditch his wife on the podcast tho, she’s annoying.
                If you watch that clip, he spends 15 minutes just destroying Philadelphia after they booed him... and the crowd loves every second of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                  If you watch that clip, he spends 15 minutes just destroying Philadelphia after they booed him... and the crowd loves every second of it.
                  That was at Opie & Anthony's tour in Camden before Burr became a bigger name (he had done some Chapelle show and a few other Comedy Central b-list shows). Dom Irrera bombed and the crowd let him have it the set before Burr, which Burr took exception to.

Being in that crowd was fun. You could feel it turn from hate to respect to outright cheers.

Only in Philly can you win over a crowd by jawing right back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
                    That was at Opie & Anthony's tour in Camden before Burr became a bigger name (he had done some Chapelle show and a few other Comedy Central b-list shows). Dom Irrera bombed and the crowd let him have it the set before Burr, which Burr took exception to.

Being in that crowd was fun. You could feel it turn from hate to respect to outright cheers.

Only in Philly can you win over a crowd by jawing right back to them.
                    Yep. That scene was the most Philly thing ever.

Comment

https://youtu.be/rNnkDjMVJqE

Absolutely philly. Funny shit right there.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

The NE play was a similar play but it wasn't the same play.

On the NE play the snap went to Brady first. On the Philly Special Foles never touched the ball until he received it.

One would think that Collinsworth would have noted the similarities between the plays. Perhaps he didn't want to call attention to Brady alligator arming his chance at a reception.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

close enough for the purposes of the joke

Comment

close enough for the purposes of the joke
                            Also, on the Philly Special, I've been wondering why Foles tapped Lane Johnson on the butt right before the play. There has to be a reason but I have not been able to figure it out.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bill Burr has been my favorite comic for at least five years now....saw him at AC's Boardwalk Hall two summers ago.

That being said, I was disappointed with his last two specials....kinda meh, IMO. He's always gold when he's on Conan.

Comment

Working...
                              X