Phils sign Carlos Santana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    I would be shocked if Hoskins was moved. He's practically untouchable at this point.
    You wouldn't do it for Machado, though? They have to be considering it.

They could also move Altherr and/or Williams for pitching help (Archer?). There's definitely something else coming.

Comment

No way. You need to keep Hoskins around. He's 24 years old and he's shown the most potential since the last rebuild. They need to 'Trust the Process' here. Be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        No way. You need to keep Hoskins around. He's 24 years old and he's shown the most potential since the last rebuild. They need to 'Trust the Process' here. Be patient.
        Machado is 25 and a proven commodity at the hot corner.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post

I would do it in a heartbeat. Remember Dominic Brown? Until a player does it over a couple of seasons it’s a crap shoot.

Comment

They can have both. They don't need to necessarily have one or the other. This is the year to see what you have. They can get the same player next year. They're out there. Hoskins showed us enough to give him another year at the very least.

Comment

Yes, I do. Hoskins is a butcher in the OF and Santana can't play anywhere but 1B.
              IF THEY AXE HOSKINS, PHILS FANS WILL RIOT. THIS KID IS THE FRANCHISE.

TO ME HE'S CARSON WENTZ FOR THE PHILS.
              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-15-2017, 04:34 PM.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'm holding out hope that all of these moves are tied to Machado. There were reports this week that he wanted to play shortstop and they just moved Galvis. They now have a surplus in the outfield with Hoskins getting stuck there due to Santana (I still don't get it). I'm thinking they would lose one outfielder (not Hoskins), one infielder (Franco instead of Crawford would be nice), and others not named 'Sixto Sanchez' (Haseley or Moniak).
                Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-15-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                  WTF? I didn't realize that the NL had implemented the DH this off-season.
                  Is this done...for this season?

Comment

ugh

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                    Is this done...for this season?
                    stop.

anyway:

The santana move is about a) experience, b) putting a bat behind Hoskins and/or c) the first shoe to drop. Not sure it means a Hoskins trade, I'm with spiner on that one, but I do think it means there's more to come or at least flexibility. Cesar and/or Kingery are movable pieces, Franco could be movable (although that's selling low), any outfielder, etc.

This team needs some starting pitching and then it's all about producing results. I'd like to see another real starter and a project starter come in.

Comment

What are u talking about?

Was Hawk being sarcastic?

Comment

20 million per season for .259, 24, 79...... Ok guess that is the going rate for an average 31 year old.

Comment

Working...
                        X