How can I get into the city Thursday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get into the city Thursday?

Coming in from Reading, but can pickup trans anywhere in the area. How can I get in? Driving is out of the question right? Not having much luck with trains and buses either.

I'M OUTSIDE OF QUAKERTOWN, FIGURED DRIVING TO LANSDALE, THEN JUMPIN THE BROAD ST LINE TO CENTER CITY. NOT SURE WHAT'S BEST FOR READING AREA.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

My buddy from lancaster got an amtrak ticket last night and now they're all sold out. I'm sure regional rail will be a shitshow. I've got another friend coming in tomorrow night and sleeping over. We're all meeting at 30th street and walking over to the Parkway.

I'd consider driving like Deerspine. Early as well though
      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-06-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        I'M OUTSIDE OF QUAKERTOWN, FIGURED DRIVING TO LANSDALE, THEN JUMPIN THE BROAD ST LINE TO CENTER CITY. NOT SURE WHAT'S BEST FOR READING AREA.
        I'm really unfamiliar with rail. I could drive to lansdale, but what is the Broad St Line? Isn't it going to be a complete shit show just waiting to get on a train?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          My buddy from lancaster got an amtrak ticket last night and now they're all sold out. I'm sure regional rail will be a shitshow. I've got another friend coming in tomorrow night and sleeping over. We're all meeting at 30th street and walking over to the Parkway.

I'd consider driving like Deerspine. Early as well though
          I could have gotten those, but waited because I had other plans which fell through. Kicking myself.

Comment

I'M DRIVING TO SEPTA RAIL LINE IN LANSDALE. IF IT'S A ZOO I'M JUST GONNA ROLL ON DOWN TAKE MY CHANCES.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In thinking about it, I'd drive at/near U City/West Philly or other "outer" section of the City and walk/take the train in. I live near 40th and Market and actually don't have too many parking issues. It's not ideal, but reasonable walkable to Broad/the parkway.

I think the outer areas will be doable via car if you can navigate/avoid the Schuylkill, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                I'M DRIVING TO SEPTA RAIL LINE IN LANSDALE. IF IT'S A ZOO I'M JUST GONNA ROLL ON DOWN TAKE MY CHANCES.
                Might do the same. What time are you planning on going there?

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                  Coming in from Reading, but can pickup trans anywhere in the area. How can I get in? Driving is out of the question right? Not having much luck with trains and buses either.
                  I drove to the Phillies parade in 2008 and parked in a lot less than a mile from 18th and Market. There was nobody on the rode. Thursday might be a different animal though.

Comment

The Amtrak Keystone trains are all filled, and there isn't a room to be had around the city without applying for a second mortgage. I was feeling really stressed this morning, and then I realized there was an alternative.

Check with local limo companies. A couple in my area are doing charter buses for a fairly reasonable fee. Mine leaves Middletown at 6AM, and hopefully drops us off at a decent location.

Comment

Does your's have 3 more spots open on it? haha

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                        can pickup trans anywhere in the area
                        be careful...eddie murphy's career struggled after that
                        Last edited by illeagle05; 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illeagle05 View Post
                          be careful...eddie murphy's career struggled after that
                          Don't judge.

Comment

Possibly! Tagged you on Facenutz if you want to check.

Comment

Pretty good option, thanks. Just sucks to go an hour west to come back east again.

Comment

Working...
                              X