I'm sold on Foles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sold on Foles.

Effective and efficient today. Understands the offense and gets the ball where it has to be. He ran what was called in the second half so you can't fault him for the comeback. I don't see how they could do better in the next draft.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Level of agreement 100% (which is scary)

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Effective and efficient today. Understands the offense and gets the ball where it has to be. He ran what was called in the second half so you can't fault him for the comeback. I don't see how they could do better in the next draft.
    Time to go all in with this kid, smart QB beats fast one every time
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I thought he played better today than last week. He looked decisive and poised. I like what I saw.

Comment

That last touchdown drive

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
        I thought he played better today than last week. He looked decisive and poised. I like what I saw.
        With the Ertz drop, the Peters penalty, the 1st & 20 and the 4th down... that was a thing of beauty. Nothing flashy, just really good, mentally tough smart football. It was fun to watch.

Comment

The scary part is, he should only get better.

Comment

Yup. Still has 0 interceptions which is great. Not that I care about stats, but he should've had a TD pass to Cooper there.

Comment

I still think there's a little bit to be desired with Foles arm strength, but I'm on board with him being the QB the rest of this year and the starter next. I wouldn't say I'm "sold" in that I'm 100% sure he will be the QB of the next 10 years, but he's shown me enough to earn the job next year.

That, added to the fact that they're winning too many games to be able to pick either of the top 2 QBs equates to it being Foles' team next year.

They can build the D, add more offensive weapons and have a more well rounded team next year.

Worst case scenario, Foles' game against Dallas is how he looks every game next year and they draft Jameis. Best case scenario, they're all set.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                Yup. Still has 0 interceptions which is great. Not that I care about stats, but he should've had a TD pass to Cooper there.
                I was able to get Cooper off waivers after the Raiders game so it sucked for my FT. CK should have challenged that you never know what could happen. They did score on the next play but you never know. If they put the ball on the ground he would have been killed for not challenging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  I still think there's a little bit to be desired with Foles arm strength
                  I'm still looking for a NFL draft analyses that questions his arm strength. I watched McNabb underthrow receivers for 11 years but no one questioned his arm strength.

STRENGTHS
                  Foles has a strong arm that gets him through various other hitches in his game.

Strengths:
                  • Powerful arm
                  • Quick release
                  • Big pocket presence
                  • Gritty; fighter
                  • Excellent height
                  • Good bulk to take hits
                  • Durable
                  • Improved accuracy
                  • Displays gunslinger mentality
                  • Experienced 3-year starter

Positives Has excellent size. Protects the ball. Distributes the ball well. Can sidestep the first defender. Fine deep-ball touch. Will play through pain. Outstanding production.

Here’s what Scouts Inc has to say about Foles.
                  While he doesn't have the pocket mobility you’d like to see in the modern-era quarterback, he can beat pressure with a quick release. He also has a strong arm and above-average accuracy.

ANALYSIS
                  Strengths: Foles is a big athlete with good height and stands tall in the pocket to survey the field. He has good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    I still think there's a little bit to be desired with Foles arm strength, but I'm on board with him being the QB the rest of this year and the starter next. I wouldn't say I'm "sold" in that I'm 100% sure he will be the QB of the next 10 years, but he's shown me enough to earn the job next year.
                    Right. I'm sold that he can be the starter next season not that he's necessarily the long term answer.

Comment

Joe Montana didn't have a rocket arm, but he put the ball where it had to be, hit receivers in stride, and didn't make stupid throws. That's what I'm seeing out of Foles. His pass to McCoy was a joy to behold.

Comment

When I think of a QB with a weak arm I think of Jeff Garcia, Koy Detmer or Ty Detmer. There is nothing wrong with his arm strength IMO and at the end of the day arm strength its overrated. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=4630&t=8846147

Comment

Kyle Boller

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                          When I think of a QB with a weak arm I think of Jeff Garcia, Koy Detmer or Ty Detmer. There is nothing wrong with his arm strength IMO and at the end of the day arm strength its overrated. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=4630&t=8846147
                          could throw a football eighty yards on his knees. That and $11.50 will get him an order of crab fries.

Comment

No question he makes many more good throws than bad. What I haven't seen yet is whether he can rise to the moment in big games. Not his fault, just circumstances so far. That's what separates guys like Montana.

Comment

Foles doesn't have the weakest arm in the NFL. He doesn't have the strongest. Maybe it's just average. Maybe it's stronger than he's shown and he's just putting a lot of air under his passes.

The kid has shown great touch and accuracy for sure, and more often than not, that's what is most important. All I'm saying is I wish he had a slightly stronger arm as there are some throws or windows that require it. You don't need a rocket to win, it just doesn't hurt.

It's unrealistic of me to want a QB with touch, accuracy, a rocket arm and great mobility as outside of Aaron Rodgers nobody really has all of that in one package. That being said, I can still wish for it.

Both of these posts were in no way a slight to Foles, so please don't take it that way.
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 11-17-2013, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X